Markbass cmd121p w/ NY112 extension VS GK MB212

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by ricky, Dec 19, 2012.

1. ricky

ricky

Has anyone compared these two?

I've been using my CMD121 with the matching extension cabinet - for every single gig... so the idea of having one box instead of two is beginning to make sense.

Has anyone played the new GK MB 212 combo with upright?

Thanks!

2. B String

B String Supporting Member

These two setups are going to sound VERY VERY different. I would suggest going to a local Guitar Center that has both setups and checking it out with your bass. It might seem like a pain but in the end will save you money and countless hours of "why did I do this?".

3. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

I'd definitely take B-Strings advice. I've always preferred having a separate head, so if something needs to be repaired I can swap heads or cabinets out, while the unit is in for service. I see very little advantage in the combo set up, unless you can remove the head. Genz Benz, Acoustic Image, and the Ibanez Promethean are some examples of that kind of amp.

Ric

4. PaulKing

PaulKing

Or you go for the Markbass 102 combo?

I use the same rig as you ... just recently I was pushed into using the 121 combo on its own. I was amazed how focussed, and loud it was, even without the extension.
    It probably moved less air overall, obviously, but in a small, packed venue, it was really easily loud enough for backing standard harp/guitar/drums blues combo ... probably never got above 50% vol... great sound

5. Register to disable this ad