Markbass compressore became a Fuzz pedal!@$?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GilGB, Nov 4, 2013.

1. GilGB

GilGB

Hello guys,
    during a soundcheck before a show i turned on my Markbass Compressore and it stop doing compression and starting doing fuzz sound for some reason.
    I thought maybe it something with the amps at the venue but i checked it out also at my house and still distorts.
    Does it have any connection with the tube condition? (The tube is MESA 12AT7/ECC81)

Thanks in advance,
    Gil G.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    This is not a "known" or common problem. It could be the tube, or it could be a dozen other parts. You could try putting a new tube in, before going to the trouble of getting service from Markbass.

3. the explode man

the explode man

I have actually had this issue, and I believe the problem is that you are driving it too hard. If you have an active bass and all of your settings maxed, or at least the bass, you will hit this pedal waaay too hard, and it'll distort. Or, it could be on the pedal side with your setting causing way too much compression, and again, driving it too hard and making it distort.

Bongomania, for being the first person ever to provide an answer that you didn't have about a compressor pedal, I will accept as payment any 5 pedals of your top recommended units that you have laying around. Please PM me for address. Thanks!

4. boomertech

boomertech Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Designer/Owner of FEA Labs
    The most likely things to cause this problem are the power supply or the tube. Like Bongo said, there can be many other reasons that can cause this problem, but the power supply or the tube is the most likely.

-Frank

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. the explode man

the explode man

Frank, shouldn't you be making pedals and not commenting on forums? Hahah. You're waiting list, to say the least, is quite impressive.

7. boomertech

boomertech Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Designer/Owner of FEA Labs
    Hey… everyone deserves a break from the workbench sometimes.... plus, I have an awesome boss.:D

-Frank

8. the explode man

the explode man

9. GilGB

GilGB

Hmmm i am using a Dingwall ABXXX In normal setting and the Compressore gets 12v 600ma from my T rex chameleon.
    It doesnt happen to distort from my signal before,and it doesn't get distorted from changing my signal character on the bass pre-amp,the pedal itself is distorted... i'll check if the tube is the problem.
    Thank you guys :).