1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Markbass Distorsore (tube version)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by runmikeyrun, Feb 14, 2014.

1. runmikeyrun

runmikeyrun

I just picked one up yesterday, used. I really like the tone. It gives a nice fuzzy warmth to my sound, and although I don't use the lower settings (I'm a balls to the wall kinda guy with distortions) it really stands out. I swapped the tube to a 60's Raytheon long black plate, which sounds a little smoother than the factory JJ, but the JJ is not harsh by any means. The raytheon takes a boost in front of it better than the JJ. My LPB-2 really makes this thing sing. My only complaint is that the blend control is very, very touchy with a very small range where the clean starts to come in. I may end up changing the pot value for that control.

Just my two cents. I know a lot of people have the $300 boutique pedals and I know they sound amazing. I think though that this little gem will get you really close for a lot less money for those of us on a budget.

I hope to make a video demo soon and post. Just need a half hour to myself lol.
  2. cyclopsbookworm

cyclopsbookworm Mutant Werewolf Supporting Member

Had this pedal and loved it, but at the time I was only using a solid state amp and had my compressore on all the time, and the two pedals didn't seem to get along very well, so I went for an OD that worked better with my setup.

I do recall the blend being very touchy on mine as well, but it is a great sounding overdrive.