1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Markbass Distorsore (tube version)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by runmikeyrun, Feb 14, 2014.

1. runmikeyrun

runmikeyrun

I just picked one up yesterday, used. I really like the tone. It gives a nice fuzzy warmth to my sound, and although I don't use the lower settings (I'm a balls to the wall kinda guy with distortions) it really stands out. I swapped the tube to a 60's Raytheon long black plate, which sounds a little smoother than the factory JJ, but the JJ is not harsh by any means. The raytheon takes a boost in front of it better than the JJ. My LPB-2 really makes this thing sing. My only complaint is that the blend control is very, very touchy with a very small range where the clean starts to come in. I may end up changing the pot value for that control.

Just my two cents. I know a lot of people have the $300 boutique pedals and I know they sound amazing. I think though that this little gem will get you really close for a lot less money for those of us on a budget.

I hope to make a video demo soon and post. Just need a half hour to myself lol.

2. cyclopsbookworm

cyclopsbookworm Mutant Werewolf Supporting Member

Had this pedal and loved it, but at the time I was only using a solid state amp and had my compressore on all the time, and the two pedals didn't seem to get along very well, so I went for an OD that worked better with my setup.

I do recall the blend being very touchy on mine as well, but it is a great sounding overdrive.