1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

MarkBass Little Mark Tube 800 issues?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ron.kadish, Apr 13, 2014.

1. ron.kadish

ron.kadish

Greetings, fellow inhabitants of Low-End Land:

In November ('13) I purchased a brand spankin' new MarkBass Little Mark Tube 800 from my local (sorta...) Guitar Center. Love it. BUT, last night on a gig it just suddenly shut down. Kaput. Dead. No lights, nuthin'. (Luckily I was playing upright on a quiet winery gig so I just went au natural for the last 45 minutes of the night.)

Got home, checked the fuse, it was fine. Called my man Taylor at GC this morning only to hear that he'd had 2 other people in the last 2 weeks have the exact same issue with the LMT 800. Now, Taylor is a great guy so he set me up with a loaner (a Big Bang head) while we wait for MarkBass to ship a new LMT 800.

The point is-- anyone else having this issue?

Disclaimers before anyone starts asking: It was going through a MarkBass 2x10 cab (impedance all matched up), speakon cable is fine, plugged into a surge-protected strip that my guitarist was also plugged into (no issues with his amp)-- let's just leave it at, I was doing everything right.

2. ron.kadish

ron.kadish

No replies in 24 hours! Excellent, no news is good news in this case. Makes me feel better about replacing the LMT800 with another of the same.

3. jarrah

jarrah

I have one of these, a number of years old now and never had any trouble with it. Markbass are very good with product support if you want to get in touch with them.
    Perhaps there was a batch with a bad components that made it to market?

4. ron.kadish

ron.kadish

That's good to hear, Jarrah, thanks for the input. The guys at Guitar Center wondered the same thing about a batch with bad components- one of the guys there bought one at the same time I did so he's pretty worried ;-)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. audiogrande

audiogrande

I had the same thing happen in Nov '13…and my head was out of warranty. It turns out it was cheaper to replace the entire board than troubleshoot the bad component costing over $200.

7. BackonBass13

BackonBass13

This is interesting...bcuz after getting my LMIII last Oct, I've been gassing for the Tube 800...haven't had a single issue with my LMIII so far.!