Markbass Mini CMD 121P LM3 Problem

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by moncur, Dec 22, 2013.

1. moncur

moncur

Hi, wondering if anybody has had the same experience as myself with the Markbass Mini CMD 121P LM3 Combo.

On Friday evening I went to use the amplifier. However, there seems to be a problem with volume coming from the speaker. I plugged a cable into the Line Out socket, and it does provide a signal to a mixing desk and works fine through a house PA. After maybe 30 minutes, the speaker suddenly comes to life for all of a few minutes, and then cuts out again. I have tried the bass amp again yesterday & today, producing the same results.

Normally I just run the amp on its own for small pubs and clubs. If it is being used for anything bigger, I use the Line Out. It has never really been played at a loud volume, so I am a bit miffed if I have blown the speaker.

If anybody could shed some light on this issue I would be very grateful. Thanks.
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Try cleaning the effects loop with contact cleaner. Sometimes they can get corroded and cause shorts. Other than that, there's not much else you can service on them, so it would have to be looked at by a tech.
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

MarkBass uses a parallel effects loop by default so time to use that "Panic" button on their website for service. Good luck.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Oh yeah, forgot. Never mind ;)