1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

Markbass super effects booster. Do I need this?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by STWBassist, Nov 16, 2012.

1. STWBassist

STWBassist

I play in a metalcore band. I run through an ampeg svt pro 3. The problem is the way I have everything eqed is with cuts so I got a low kind of muddy sound. Now we have a tapping riff and I need something to boost my note clarity during the tapping riff. We run through two 18 inch subs when we play live plus our pa speakers it just sounds like a muddy mess especially since I tap by myself at the beginning of the song. Would this pedal help with the note clarity in tapping or is their a better pedal I would find more viable

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Why not use the eq on the amp. Cut the lows, boost the mids, and crank the gain.(?)

3. STWBassist

STWBassist

The way I have my eq set gives me the overall sound we want. I just need certain riffs to standout more and be more clear without changing my overall sound

4. pantherairsoft

pantherairsoft

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe, GigRig, COG Effects
    I'd suggest an EQ pedal so you can reduce the bass and up the highs to counteract the amp EQ for the sections that tone is required on. Most pedals with a graphic EQ would be worth looking at - the Boss GEB-7 or Souce Audio Programmable EQ spring to mind.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. STWBassist

STWBassist

Thanks, exactly the answer I was looking for. I didn't want to waste money on a pedal I didn't need or if it was something else I needed

7. RoeyHaviv

RoeyHaviv

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Vigier guitars, Pigtronix Effects
    swap one of those monsters for a 410 cab (OR 2).
    Hartke Hydrive should do the trick.

8. newbold

newbold

I'd work on the sound of your band to not be a muddy mess.

till then, an eq pedal will do exactly what Rickenboogie's advice suggested for isolated passages.