1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

MarkBass Super Synth Help!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by trashjr, Feb 11, 2014.

1. trashjr

trashjr

Hi Guys. I have just recently purchased the Markbass Super Synth pedal and while my first reaction was positive I have a concern that my determine if I stick with it or not. I have been trying to find the answer to my question on previous forums but have not yet. If it's out there please forgive me for any redundancy. My question is, when programming the pedal via the software on the computer, once you have saved the preset to the pedal is there a way to have that preset be the automatic setting for a given preset number without having to dial it in every time you want to use it with the tone knob. I would like to have a couple of stock sounds dialed up that I can go to with just the click of a footswitch and not have to touch a knob in the middle of a show. It seems, to my knowledge up to date, that any on board changes you make, once you scroll back through the presets it goes back to a stock setting. I hope this is clear and makes sense. Thanks to any and all that spend the time to help.

2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

I'm not sure I understand your question and how you are using the term "stock sounds." But I can try.

The presets are the presets. You can use the factory ones or you can edit them with the software and save them and then those are the new presets. You can tweak the knobs to modify a preset, but if you move to a different preset, any changes will be lost. Does that answer your question?

3. trashjr

trashjr

Adamixoye, Thank you for your reply. Let me see if I can clarify my question. Once I have gone into the software and customized a setting and saved that to a preset I will save it to the "user" setting that is found by scrolling through the tone knob. Correct? My real question is, is there a way to have that customized setting be the default tone on a preset so at any point when I am going through the presets with the footswitch, when I land on that given preset it is my customized sound and not the factory one. I don't want to have to manually scroll through the tone knob during a show to dial up the customized sounds. I want to be able to save the edited sounds and be able to just click the footswitch and they are there. Let me know if this helps clarify or if I'm just digging the hole deeper.

4. Adamixoye

The setting of the "tone" knob is part of the saved preset. If you save it how you want it, when you are on that preset you shouldn't need to change anything, unless you move that knob (and if you do, just switch presets then switch back).

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. trashjr

trashjr

Found the online manual for the software. Makes sense now. Had it confused originally of how it was saving the presets. Thanks for your time bro.

7. hillerup

hillerup Supporting Member

I was wondering how the Super Synth works/tracks when playing 16th notes with a pick?

I've searched for reviews and YouTube videos, but can only find videoes where it's being played with sustained notes and the bass played with fingers.

Being in an industrial band, it would be cool to replace sequenced 16th note synth bass lines, and play them on bass instead...

8. Adamixoye

I think sixteenth notes is asking a little much of the unit unless your technique is impeccable. And even then...

9. hillerup

hillerup Supporting Member

But of course it is... ;)

10. Astronaut Don

Astronaut Don

I just bought this pedal and I can't seem to figure out how to save my manipulated pre-sets. Is the only way to do this by using the program?