1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Markbass TTE 500 vs Genz Benz Streamliner 900

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by fatcrabb, Apr 13, 2014.

1. fatcrabb

fatcrabb Supporting Member

GAS is a merciless affliction.

After years of playing a Markbass LM2, (which was a faithful dog btw), I decided to change things up and go for a tube sound. I purchased a Markbass TTE 500 a couple of months ago and loved it, except it didnt seem to go as deep, (not enough bottom end), as I'd like. I'd read the Streamliner goes down to 55 hz, so I picked one up last week, (thanks Nutdog).

Played the Genz out last night and I liked what I heard. A dirty aggressive sound like the TTE with a big bump in low end. Granted these amps may not be evenly matched at 500 and 900 watts but I'm never in a position to push either one of those units to anywhere close to 50% anyway.

Here now are two clips in the same setting with basically the same equipment comparing the two heads.

Disclaimer: Objects are closer than they appear. Void where prohibted by law. Your mileage may vary.

Genz Benz Streamliner / Bergantino AE410 / Spector Euro 4 LX Doug Wimbish:

2. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Supporting Member

3. kennyrodg

kennyrodg

Great Clip.
    I couldn't coax any bottom out of the TTE500 for love nor money,In and out the door in 2 weeks.
    The STR however, I wish I'd have been in a position to keep hold of it.
    :cool: