1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Search results may return 0 or few results. We are currently rebuilding the search index, may take a couple hours. Thank you for your patience!
  4. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Marleaux Consat Signature (lined) fretless 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by eubassix, Apr 3, 2012.

1. eubassix

eubassix Supporting Member

Listing on behalf of a good/local friend, although the bass(s) was/were orinally mine (built to order)
    Marleaux Consat Signature (lined) fretless 4 with excellent case and in mint condition.
    • Walnut body Core
    • Burl Poplar Top
    • Ebony Maple Lined Board
    • Figured Maple Bound Through Neck
    • Bartolini Pickups
    • Schaller Tuners
    • ETS Bridge
    • 3-band eq active passive
    built by Marleaux to my specs and choices.
    The Signature is the top-of-the-line option and this pair is also neck-through (rather than bolt-on).
    Wood choices are fairly obvious and the basses demo the special features of the Signature model, including the flame-maple bound f/board.
    The fretted bass features the unique Marleaux Programmable EQ, and the fretless bass is Active-Passive. Both are 3EQ.
    photos show both the quality of workmanship and the contrasts between the two, which are very similar in most respects....
    It's the fretless that's intially for sale, although the pair might be considered if and TB'er might be interested.

£2150 (incl. 24-48h. Courier to USA) That's c. US$3500 (probably twice that for the matched pair). Current EU pricing is €4000+ per instrument.

Attached Files:

2. eubassix

back(s)/headstock(s)

Attached Files:

3. eubassix

Update: still available and PAIR (!!) now potentially available !
    PM if interested.

4. Dan Lenard

Dan Lenard Banned

Great basses by one of the best - Gerald Marleaux

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. eubassix

This PAIR still available (update) !!

7. nozkcb

nozkcb Supporting Member

Marleaux is indeed one of the best out there. These basses are beautiful and I'd be happy to trade my beautiful Consat custom 5 with ebony for the fretted one.

Hint, hint. . .

8. eubassix

FS only (pair)

9. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

Wow, stuning.
    eubassix, I'm curious as to what you play now?

10. eubassix

11. eubassix

12. eubassix

13. daddy like

daddy like

14. eubassix

This matched PAIR of basses now definitely available. Photos:-

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v260/eubassix/marleaux/

Marleaux Consat Signature fretted and (lined) fretless 4's with excellent cases and in mint condition.
    • Walnut body Core
    • Burl Poplar Top
    • Ebony Maple Lined Board
    • Figured Maple Bound Through Neck
    • Bartolini Pickups
    • Schaller Tuners
    • ETS Bridge
    • 3-band eq (Programmable/fretted & active-passive/fretless)
    The Signature is the top-of-the-line option and this pair is also neck-through (rather than bolt-on).
    Wood choices are fairly obvious and the basses demo the special features of the Signature model, including the flame-maple bound f/board.
    The fretted bass features the unique Marleaux Programmable EQ, and the fretless bass is Active-Passive. Both are 3EQ.
    photos show both the quality of workmanship and the contrasts between the two, which are very similar in most respects....

US$7500 (for the matched pair incl. 24-48 Courier by Fedex or similar)). Current EU pricing is €4000+ (c. $5250) per instrument.

15. eubassix

Reduced !!.. to: US$6999 (for the matched pair incl. 24-48 Courier by Fedex or similar)). Current EU pricing is €4000+ (c. $5250) per instrument.
    Following some PM's, I AM willing to sell basses individually, so long as I have confirmed buyer for each. So if you 're looking for a top-class fretted OR fretless 4 let me know.

16. inthepocket4u

inthepocket4u Supporting Member

17. eubassix

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eubassix
    Reduced !!.. to: US$6999 (for the matched pair incl. 24-48 Courier by Fedex or similar)). Current EU pricing is €4000+ (c. $5250) per instrument.
    Following some PM's, I AM willing to sell basses individually, so long as I have confirmed buyer for each. So if you 're looking for a top-class fretted OR fretless 4 let me know.

As the GB£ has currently plummeted against the US$, can offer this amazing pair for the approx. equivalent of US$6000 (PM for details as depends upon prevailing rate and method of payment). US price is likely unchanged as the €uro is also strong against the £.

18. eubassix