Marshall 7015 and 7115

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Dr. Gonzo82, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Dr. Gonzo82

Dr. Gonzo82

I need something smaller than the ampeg fridge and I stumbled across these two cabs on the net, both used and both within my price range.

The 7015 is the shorter drive and costs 100 euros, for the 7115 I would have to drive 300 kilometers more and the seller wants 280 euros for it.

I couldn't find any real world experiences on the net for both, I know one is rated 200 and the other 300 watts.

I may buy the 7015 and if I like it, add the 7115.

My main rig is a Mesa 400plus through an Ampeg fridge, but it stays in my main bands practice space and the is 100 kilometers away from where I live now. I will fill in for a friend in his band for the next six months and the idea would be to use one cab with my mywatt 200 at their practice space, the other with a Marshall dsl 100 at home, and both cabs for gigs. Currently I play through a marshall 4+12 guitar cab at home, but at very low volume because I'm afraid to damage the speakers.

Any ideas, reccomendations are welcome !

2. Dr. Gonzo82

Dr. Gonzo82

3. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

For the price of the 7115+gas, perhaps quite a bit less even, You should be ble to find 4 Celestion G12H100 speakers.
    Those were on the JCM800 412 bass cab I had as a teen.

Out of those two, I'd probably take the 100€ 7015.
    For 280€, the other one should be near mint.

Judging by the model numbers on those links, the drivers were originally Sidewinders, who knows what there may be now ;).
    I'd pop the lid to be sure, at least on the more expensive one.
    The cheaper is prety much the price for an empty Marshall cab in good condition though.
    IMO anyway.

Regards
    Sam

4. Dr. Gonzo82

Dr. Gonzo82

Thanks for your imput, if the seller writes back, I will check out the cheaper one tomorrow.

By the way it has the original us made Eminence speaker in it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. grenadilla

grenadilla

I have the 300w 7115 and it is a good 115 cabinet. Two of these would not equal a SVT cabinet for volume; maybe 3 or 4 would. Either of these cabinets could be half-blown by now . Check rear screws to see if it has been opened. Rock On !