1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Marshall MBC410

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by TheFlashSawyer, Feb 1, 2012.

1. TheFlashSawyer

TheFlashSawyer

Just bought this cabinet as i couldn't resist the price especially for the 600 watt power feature. Next I need to buy a good enough head to power it but nothing TOO expensive. Thinking of something in between 350w and 500w at 4 ohms output.

Can any experienced gear heads recommend a good amp to run this cabinet, at a reasonable student budget price?

Thanks in advance.
  2. tom once dead

tom once dead

Why not just get the MB450H?

That was my first 'real' amp, sounded great and was pretty cheap too.
  3. TheFlashSawyer

TheFlashSawyer

Hmm, I'm against it because I've heard Marshall's more modern bass gear has gone terrible, sounds stupid considering I just bought that cabinet I know but I figured the head is more important so why not buy that cabinet (which will most certainly do the job) and put the majority of my funding into a better quality head.
  4. runmikeyrun

runmikeyrun

Hartke 3500. Relatively cheap, very flexible, lots of features, and reliable.
  5. tom once dead

tom once dead

I wouldn't say it's gone terrible, they've just done a cheaper more affordable line of bass amps.

As far as some other options go, the Hartke 5500/3500 are both very solid, nice sounding and durable heads that don't break the bank. If you're prepared to spend a little more, the Markbass LMIII and Genz Benz shuttle's are both very nice heads.
  6. parapentep70

parapentep70

I was VERY happy with the sound and loudness from my MB4410 combo. I sold it just because it was heavy as hell. Very flexible, versatile, quiet, even cool looking. The new owner is also very happy. I think I left a mini-review of my combo short ago. The RH450 + MBC4410 is very similar but (slightly) easier to transport and ported.

Edited. HERE.
  7. portaflexer

portaflexer

So... now that you've had it for a bit... what do you think of it? I'm curious about one of these cabs myself. Seems like a lot of cab for the price and I love the fact that it's 4 ohm.
  8. METAL1667

METAL1667

I put this in a previous topic as well,this is a late reply, I am aware of it, but I'm going to post it anyways as an advise to future buyers.

So I bought the 450H together with a 410 cab about 2 years ago i think.
    Overal I'm pleased with the sound, but I think it's mostly the amp that gives you a variety of sounds, and it lets you blend channels nicely.

About the cab I'm not so pleased, mine says "made in India" so I got suspicious, but I was already pleased it didn't say "made in the People's Republic of China"
    It struck me how badly it was finished, here and there there is a gap in the covering material (it's not tolex, it looks like a really thin layer of truck bed liner to me), mostly at the joints between different MDF boards. Then the plastic covers for the cutouts (where the head sits) broke of after a few weeks of rehearsing. The screws that were used to assemble the thing started to oxidate after a few weeks...

Yesterday the tweeter (horn, generic marshall?) broke down while playing, it started rattling really bad, I was playing on the "classic" channel, no effect pedals, the gain cranked up 8/10, channel volume on 4/10, master on 2/10, attenuator fully engaged.

It's a budget rig but it shouldn't break after only 2 years of rehearsing and the occasional gig. A replacement horn costs 35 euros...
    I wouldn't recommend buying this setup, maybe play the head trough a different cab, I don't know, it's my first "real" cab. For the same money I would buy a hartke amp+cab instead today.

If anyone can point out what I did wrong with the horn, please elaborate, maybe email me. Any hint or help is welcome.
  9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Just fyi, the cab is *at least* as important as the amp is, and quite possibly *more* important. After all, it's the part of your rig that is actually making the sound.
  10. METAL1667

METAL1667

is it true that marshall discontinued their bass gear?