1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Marshall MF280 as a bass cab?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by LECBass, Jan 31, 2014.

1. LECBass

LECBass

Hi,

i'm pretty new to bass but it has come time that I get my own rig with which i can record and/or play shows.

I'm limited financially somewhat, but I found this cab for 300 and I was wondering if I could use this as a bass cab. Or you guys could reccommend another half-stack that's decent for around maybe 600-700?

thanks!
  2. Metalway

Metalway

The MF280 is a guitar cab, so personaly I would not play bass through this one. Try to find a used Marshall VBC412 the price should be within your budget and it sounds amazing.
  3. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Great guitar cab, but the Celestion V30 speakers in there are lousy for bass. You should be able to find a very good used bass cabinet within your price range.