Marshall SuperBass 100 & MBC 410

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by gbrooding, Apr 6, 2014.

1. gbrooding

gbrooding Supporting Member

Has anyone played through this particular combination? Or at least through the MBC 410? I have an opportunity to buy the cabinet, but without playing through it first. Thanks for the input.
  2. tooley

tooley

Not through a mbc410. I run mine into an ampeg 610hlf & it rocks. Also just scored a jcm800 1510.
  3. gbrooding

I have played mine through an Ampeg 410 and 810, and it really sounds good. I had a Marshall 1551 stolen years ago, and didn't replace it. Trying to find one now has been pretty tough. Found the MBC 410 and I am considering it.
  4. tooley

tooley

Its gonna be my first marshall cab. So Im not to sure what to expect. Im sure on here should know about the mbc. You can't be cheeky & try one at a music shop?
  5. gbrooding

I would, but Marshall doesn't make bass gear anymore. I have not had any luck finding anything local. Curious to hear what you think of your new cabinet!
  6. callofcthulhu

callofcthulhu

It's recently been discontinued so that's going to be harder to do as time goes on, if it's not already impossible.

No experience with the MBC410 but if you can find a VBC412 those things sound like hell unleashed.
  7. tooley

tooley

Ill put something up on the marshall forum when it arrives. Should be this week.
  8. redhed

redhed TUBE LOVER! Gold Supporting Member

I run my Super Bass through a Ampeg 810e classic and it sounds awesome. I also ran it through a Marshall 1960B guitar cab and it sounded pretty awesome as well. The Super Bass is a great sounding amp!
  9. gbrooding

What speakers were in the 1960B?
  10. crapusername

crapusername

Disclosures:
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    I use a 7400 and two mbc410.
    They sound great. The only issue is the weight- they're not light ;)
  11. gbrooding

They are made out of MDF?
  12. guitarflinger

guitarflinger Supporting Member

I use 2 of the MBC 410's with a Marshall 450 head. Great stack with good, balanced tone, volume to spare. The tweeters can be switched on or off (I use mine on). They weigh about 92 lbs each - a load to lift - but excellent handles. I have read posts suggesting that they are MDF and one shouldn't install casters into the cab. I bought a small carpeted moving dolly which the bottom cab fits onto, so that the stack can be positioned easily.
  13. gbrooding

Ha, that was my next question about casters. I like the dolly idea.
  14. redhed

Celestion G12-75, I know it is a guitar cab but handles the amp pretty good, even cranked! Not a lot of bottom end. Looked awesome under my Lemmy!
  15. gbrooding

It appears the MBC 410 is not the same width as the superbass head. GuitarFlinger, can you tell me the width of your cabinet?
  16. headband

headband Supporting Member

This thread inspired me to get out my '78 Superbass with a Bergantino AE410 to see how it sounds, and wow, what a good combination. Good deep bass with just a little grit on 5 in channel 2. Much cleaner and more clear than one would think. I am probably going to sell it, as it doesn't get much use since I bought my Reeves, but if I didn't have the Reeves it would probably get pressed into service. I hadn't ever played it with a modern cab, and I would highly recommend it.
  17. redhed

Man I love my 1992LEM. It has punch and volume to spare! It really stays clean up to about 3/4 cranked, so really it is very loud and clean. I like bridging the channels, it really is awesome sounding. A lot different than my Ampegs which tend to break down far to much!!
  18. tooley

tooley

Man I turn channel 2 up alittle past 1 & channel 1 up untill its too loud, usually around 0.25. I need to get an attenuator for mine as its way too loud(wanna crank the tubes more). Im playing with two guitarists one using a 100watt marshall & the other using a 100watt laney.