Maruszczyk basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by milo, Jul 20, 2011.

1. milo

milo

2. GnRDuff1

GnRDuff1

I am drooling for that dragons breath jake bass and the green frog one. Wooooow!
  3. allexcosta

allexcosta Banned

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: MLaghus Custom Basses
    Very nice... Where are these made?

I like this one:

[​IMG]

Can't stand the shape of the control cavity cover. Everything else looks good. How's the sound and feel?
  4. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Disclosures:
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Looks German to me.

MARUSZCZYK Serienbässe. Wir freuen uns an dieser Stelle die aktuellen Modelle präsentieren zu können. Jedes Instrument wird im Aufbau beschrieben. Es folgt die Vorstellung der verwendenten Hölzer, der Hardware, Elektronik und der PickUps. Die Farben und das jeweilige Finish mit den weiteren Optionen. Wir bemühen uns alle Angaben so sorgfältig wie möglich zu machen, um dem Bassisten, dem Musiker ein Gefühl von Sicherheit im Umgang mit dem Instrument auf der Bühne oder im Studio oder wo auch immer zu geben. FROM PLAYER TO PLAYER.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. milo

milo

MARUSZCZYK INSTRUMENTS -Public Peace • Nikolausstr.22 • D-52457 Aldenhoven/Schleiden - Germany
  7. anonymous111813

anonymous111813 Guest

They are made in Poland.
  8. Hellbastard

Hellbastard

Adrian Maruszczyk has his company in Germany, they not only sell basses, but also guitars and Bass amps.
    The basses are made in Poland.
  9. G

G

They look pretty sweet!

[​IMG]
  10. slyb5

slyb5 Supporting Member

I just got a 4 string 'Elwood' (JB) active/passive with Delano (German, handmade) PUs and NOLL pe-amp, rosewood fretboard.

I am not a big fan of the neck finish (or maybe the bass is just 'too new' and I feel the neck ain't very fast.), but the sound is fantastic. Seriously amazing in both passive and active mode. I like the soudn on the Maruszczyk much more than my fender US and my lakland 5502 (the 5502 pre-amp is much more versatile though)

The bass finish is next to perfect, it got a matching headstock, zero fret, no string retainer and a pretty heavy mass bridge. Love it.
    You can customize almost anything byt talking directly to Adrian Maruszczyk by email. He is very nice and helpfull.
    I recommend this brand to anybody, moreover you'll get a very unique instrument.
  11. Sam_bass

Sam_bass

I agree, they are amazing basses. I've got a Frog custom 6 string and it's absolutely fantastic.

My bass also got Delano pickups, just like slyb5 but I've got a Glockengang EQ. Great sound, both passive and active. And the Frog model is an incredible bass to play, in my opinion.
  12. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Love that P5 deluxe. (Jake). Nice pricepoint as well- problem is you never get a distributor in the US for european instruments- id pretty much have to
    Order one or go to Germany.
  13. Hou

Hou

They are really good looking basses. I might go with 32 scale white P-bass or the Mr. Tee model!
  14. Cadfael

Cadfael

Hi Hou,

I own the 32" Jake Medium "P-Bass".
    Really a fine instrument!

I tested the 34" Mr. Tee at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt two years ago.

I have'nt had the time yet, but I will write Adrian a mail about a "Mr. Tee Triple" idea I have. One EA-Coil, but a lower and upper DG-Coil! Via the Tele-3-way you can chose if the lower (normal) or upper DG-coil is on.
    Haven't seen this before and maybe Adrian likes to make such a bass???
  15. cnltb

cnltb

I like this shape very much!
    Curious to see what it feels like and looking forward to meeting this bass in person in april!
  16. Hou

Hou

Very cool. Is it passive? I really dig the Mr. Tee model. Would love have 32 scale hollowbody as well :)
  17. slyb5

slyb5 Supporting Member

An update to this thread.
    I eventually just ordered my 3rd Maruszczyk bass!!

I sold my old 2009 Elwood. I didn't like the neck much.
    Meanwhile I was really turned on by the newer elwood 'absolution' so... I ordered a custom one last year and it's my best 5 string ever, sound, playability and finish wise. It made me sale my lakland 5502 right away.
    I then went for a P-like (Jake) bass to use with my rock/cover band... way better than my old fender P (don't get me wrong, I love my precision and will never get rid of it! The Jake is just much more versatile, with a very similar sound): I get the classic sound in passive and a very modern/punchy sound in active mode.

Today I am getting a custom elwood 4... as a replacement of my fender US jazz (would love to keep it but got some budget issues...ya know...)

The maybe only negative aspect is that Maruszczyk basses ain't easy to sale on the second hand market, but they are very very fine instruments and they sound amazing (big plus for Delano PUs). oh and btw pics of the absolution here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/of...ad-part-17-a-895996/index31.html#post13551372
  18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Disclosures:
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    LOL! @ "Jake" and "Elwood". Some nice basses as well.

[​IMG]
  19. Hou

Hou

Cool

I'm still thinking about a MrTee model http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/bassesamps/mrtee

Transwhite Ash body. 32 scale maple neck with matched headstock and no fingerboard dots. Tortoise pickguard and pick-up cover. Passive with jack on the side. Would be great :D
  20. fuzzychaos

fuzzychaos

The Elwoods look a lot like Sandbergs.