Masada Master Bass on Craigslist

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassgod76, Oct 15, 2010.

1. bassgod76

bassgod76 bass turd burglar

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    Would you buy this if you saw it on CL for $200? It has duncans for pickups.

I know nothig about these basses, but I like the maple neck with block inlays. I also like the price.
  2. TMBTC

Oct 18, 2009
    I'd buy it !!! looks cool
  3. Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    What about for $250 in a different city?
  4. Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Thanks for all the input friends. I bought it.
  5. Sponsored by:

6. If you ever decide to let go of this bass, I would love to add it to my collection. Ive had one of these for years, and it was my go-to for a good part of a decade, once I upgraded the pickups and added 3-band preamp. It's semi-retired now until I decide if it's worth a re-fret. Im in Trashville as well.
  7. Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Man, I'm using it all the time! About to put a babicz bridge in it, which I hope will fix up some of the sort/of dead spots I have. Just the passive basslines pickups so far. What do you know about these basses? I've had an estimate that this is a late 70s or early 80s bass, does that sound likely?
  8. Yeah, as far as I know. I was guessing between 78' & 82'. Fujigen built, which generally is a sign of quality. My headstock is banged-up pretty heavily as I used it as a "crash helper" for years and I need a fret-job as well as some neck-repair from my ill-advised flatwound stringing (higher tension causing a slight separation at the nut end.) A well-built, solid bass, I would put it's build quality against any MIJ or CIJ bass. I'd kill to have a second one. You might notice the neck at the nut is quite wider than a traditional Fender Jazz and a bit chunkier. I like it, because to me it was more like a p-bass, which neck-wise I prefer over a jazz. Great bass, hope you get many great years out of it.
    Calebmundy likes this.