Massage

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jan 21, 2014.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
    Do any of you guys go for a professional massage? I had one about 5 years ago and I feel its time to go again. The rates around here are about $1 a minute.
  2. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
  3. pedroims

pedroims

After tried the chiropractor with zero results, I decided to try other options. Fortunately I found a lady that is great, I go every month, all my back and neck pain are gone, too bad the massage is not cover by the insurance company.
  4. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Depends on what you are looking for I guess, there are so many different approaches, though I couldn't really afford a massage. I've been meaning to invest in a foam roller, but that's getting off topic.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

7. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

I really enjoy being single but I bet free massages are a big benefit of having a significant other.
  8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

My wife will get me a gift certificate for a massage for Christmas. I'm always geeked up about it, and want to wait until my back or my shoulders are hurting. However, you need to make an appointment a week ahead, so I usually wait for the perfect time, and never actually go.

The last massage I got was on a cruise ship, and I told the muscular Jamaican woman to really give me the business. My neck hurt for three days after that, but it was a glorious kind of pain. I slept like a baby!
  9. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

Only if the finale includes a hot oil cranker. :D
  10. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I have coffee in my nose now :D
  11. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

find a massage school, it's usually half price because the students need practice.
  12. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

A lot of the older touring bands use massage before shows.
    A friend of mine did neck & shoulder massages for Journey when
    they were in the area.
    A full body massage is wonderful.
    Treat yourself.
  13. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Supporting Member

Ha! You would think... My wife is a professional licensed massage therapist, and so everyone who meets us looks at me and says "Wow, you lucky devil!"

Not really. Back when the missus was going to massage school she'd come home almost every night and say "get on the table, I need to practice this new technique." It was great! But now that she does it for a living, the last thing she wants to do when she gets home from work is more massage. So I don't get to partake nearly as often as you might think...or as often as I would like.
  14. blastoff99

blastoff99

You'll probably either laugh out loud or recoil in horror, but sometimes you can get a massage for sooner and less money by being willing to have a male massage therapist. At least that's the way it is around here.

A few years ago I needed a massage in kind of a hurry, and all the female massage therapists were booked over a week out. There was a guy who worked for the same outfit who had availability every day of the week, including that afternoon. He was the one with the most experience in the most types of massage. He was also an ex- diesel mechanic in the Coast Guard, so that was an interesting career change....

Anyway, it was a great massage and for about half the price of what a female would have charged. I guess most guys would be completely freaked out, and most women would not feel safe and/or their husbands/boyfriends would be completely freaked out.

FWIW.
  15. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Yes. The guitarist in my band is a professional massage therapist. He recently opened his own clinc as well instead of working for someone else. I still pay him of course, but I get a bit of a discount :p. He's very good at what he does. I quite enjoy a good massage.
  16. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Did it move?
  17. tplyons

tplyons

You owe me a new keyboard!

As far as massages, I've had one in my life and it was great. I had a 12 hour layover while traveling home from vacation and one of the things I decided to do was get a massage at a resort in the Maldives. The exchange rate worked in my favor and only cost me something like $60 for a 90 minute massage after tip.

I was super relaxed for the flight home. The only problem is she was so good I kept falling asleep!
  18. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

[​IMG]
  19. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem. Gold Supporting Member

I would be a neurotic mess without my quarterly massage. It's a splurge, sure, but I think I'm worth it. I do an hour of hot stone followed by an hour of deep tissue and usually end up feeling like I should be poured out into my truck because everything is so relaxed. There's an up and a down though - the upside is that my stress is gone for weeks and most of my body feels amazing. The downside is that massage does exactly what it should - helps your body release toxins, and I nearly always end up with a minor cold and upset stomach for the next day or two. Minor inconvenience for several weeks of feeling relaxed, IMHO.
  20. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

I get a massage once or twice a month. In Thailand, it's about $15 for two hours.
  21. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Even a twitch counts.