1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Master built Custom Shop Jazz Bass Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rizzcombat, Jan 14, 2013.

1. rizzcombat

rizzcombat

I've been searching for a new set of pickups to put in my Lakland Joe Osborne (with Hanson pickups), it always sounded too "scooped" in the mix for my taste. While searching numerous threads and videos for different "vintage" jazz bass pickups, I stumbled across this video on a Master built Custom Shop Jazz Bass:

The tone sounds significantly less scooped (more even) to my ears. Unfortunately, I can't use these exact set of Custom Shop pups because these were specifically hand wound for this bass. Any idea's what pickups I could drop in my JO to get in the ballpark of this tone?
  2. PJRL

PJRL

I have a set of the Fender custom shop 60's J pickups, I put them in an AV62 Jazz Bass. I liked the originals but there's something really great about the CS P-ups, to me they sound more like what a classic Jazz should sound like. They are a lot like the ones in the Master built in the Vid.