1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Maximum Metal Look

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SnowCal, Jan 31, 2014.

1. SnowCal

SnowCal

Upcoming show where my pop/rock band will be playing with some metal acts. It'd be fun to subvert our image and their's and try to look more metal than any of them. I'm not sure we can fix the 'our guitarist plays a telecaster' problem but black jeans, t-shirts, and wigs will go a long way.

I have a pair of old Peavey 118s w/ two horns each. They're massive. One of them is decidedly larger than my 215. So if I vertically stack those I'll need a stool to reach the amp. The bass rig would be taller than the PA mains on sticks. That seems uber metal to me.

What's the most metal rig you've played through?

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

2 SVTs into 4 SVT cabs, All old gear back in the mid 80s so they were all silver face SVTs with the caddy cabs. It sounded okay... :D

3. russpurdy

russpurdy

I haven't played through it but last time I saw Cancer Bats their bass player was playing a First Act Delgado (Gibson RD shape) through an old Traynor head and some kind of rackmounted pre-power amp rig. Those went into two ampeg 8x10's laid on their sides and stacked up. It looked pretty metal.

4. Steve Dallman

Steve Dallman Supporting Member

I like your cabinet idea. Go for it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    I like your stacked 2 X 118 w bin idea mate, for me it's been 4 SVT cabs and a pair of old blue line SVT 300's + a good amount of PA support.
    I am the engineer for Cradle of Filth so not performing bass with the band but it sounded damn good sound checking this rig for the old bass player:
    [​IMG]
    :bassist:
    Next week we start preparation for a merciless sweep of Northern Europe, again.:)
    [​IMG]

7. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

No Sleep Til Hammersmith Again.

8. My name is Mudd

My name is Mudd