1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Mayones Jabba

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Damian Coccio, Mar 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damian Coccio

Damian Coccio Supporting Member

Up for sale is an amazing condition Jabba 5 string bass built by Mayones in Poland. I am selling for 2250 shipped CONUS.

I just received this bass yesterday as I've wanted to try one since Janek picked one up and it is one of the finest instruments I've had my hands on to date.

Here is my review: The fretwork is great, the neck is perfectly straight, the truss rod works perfectly, the finish is in perfect shape with only one pencil point ding on the back. The tone is to my ears almost as good as my Fodera and better than my Sadowsky (yes I said that). The low end is massive and solid, extremely deep and very punchy with piano like overtones. The playability is second to none.

The reason I am selling this bass is very simple. The previous sellers listed the bass at under 10LBS. After putting new Fodera strings on it and hanging it on a strap and playing it I decided to weigh it because it didn't seem right. The bass came up exactly @ 11lbs, 4.7oz on my calibrated scale. Unfortunately with two herniated discs in my neck this instrument is too heavy for me and I cannot handle anything for any length of time over 9.5 - 10Lbs. A pound lighter and this bass would be here to stay.

I am determined to find a good home for this fine instrument with someone who can handle a heavy bass, because that is exactly what it is and what it sounds like. After close to 30 years playing, recording, buying and selling and building basses, properly constructed heavy basses sound the best to me. You will be hard pressed to find a better playing and sounding instrument for the money.

The bridge is very adjustable and is set at about 17.8mm spacing and the action is now set to a medium action for the sale, but I had it low because thats how I like it and it doesn't buzz; I can get it lower than any other fretted bass I have.

BODY: Eye Poplar top with Swamp Ash back & Wenge middle
    NECK: Maple
    FINGERBOARD: Rosewood
    SCALE: 34.25"
    WEIGHT: 11lbs, 4.7oz
    STRING SPACING: 19mm (adjustable)
    PICKUPS: Delano Passive JJ
    ELECTRONICS: Mayones 2 band pre w/ Passive Tone Control
    CONTROL: Vol - Vol - Bass/Treble(Stacked) - PassiveTone - Active/Passive miniswitch
    Graph Tech nut, Switchcraft jack, Schaller Security Straplocks, Mayones Hardcase
  2. Damian Coccio

3. Damian Coccio

4. Damian Coccio

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Damian Coccio

7. Damian Coccio

8. Damian Coccio

9. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User Supporting Member

Sexy looking top!
  10. dabass

dabass Supporting Member

Are you considering trades?
  11. Damian Coccio

This bass just kills. Played it last night at a free jam. Wow, the tone is thunderous yet incredibly articulate. The bridge soloed with the treble backed off is so throaty, warm and focused. Best Jacoesque ( on steroids) tone Ive encountered to date.

I'm going to make the bold statement that this is the best B I've heard too. I'm sure the Fodera strings help with that too. I may just make the concession to sit and play and keep the bass.
  12. dorkyone255

dorkyone255 Supporting Member

bump for a beautiful bass. if i didnt just invest in a Wal, this would be on its way to my doorstep
  13. dpbass66

dpbass66 Supporting Member

sent Pm.....
  14. Damian Coccio

Still available. This bass delivers and it's gorgeous too. Nails the Marcus tone when slapped and the bridge soloed is one of the best I've heard. STRONG b that sounds like a grand piano. Open to trades with me adding some cash.
  15. Damian Coccio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.