1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MB Big Bang query

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by IveHeardWorse, Dec 8, 2013.

1. IveHeardWorse

IveHeardWorse

Howdy,
    This is my first post. Thanks to all for such a great informational forum!

I have read on this forum that the Little MarkBass II is 'very' quiet as regards to the fan... it is my understanding that the fan does not run continuously, but only when required. I assume the Little Mark III is the same. Can someone tell me whether or not the Mark Bass Big Bang amp is just as quiet?

I don't have the Markbass amp available to check out, but I did spend some time on a Mesa Walkabout combo, and thought the tone was good, but the fan noise would be a distraction at some of the smaller 'acoustic' venues.

Thanks!
  2. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

I never played the Big Bang at small acoustic venues (because it is LOUD as heck), but I recall it being a very quiet head nonetheless and comparable to the Little Mark Tube I owned. I can't say ever noticed the fan in either of those. You should be fine. Apart from the obnoxious appearance, the Big Bang is a great little head.
  3. anton72

anton72 Supporting Member

They are both absolutely noiseless. I use LMIII but ahd a chance to play through BB and it's as quiet as LMIII. Both are great heads.
  4. lowerbassment

lowerbassment

I have a Big Bang and it is a very quiet amp. The fans do come on but I can't see this being audible for the audience even in small intimate venues. You would have to sit very close to the amp to notice. I have no experience with the LM series.
  5. IveHeardWorse

IveHeardWorse

Thanks! I was hoping for this kind of input! That's all the push I needed to place an order to give it a run!
  6. Andy Walhor

Andy Walhor

Good pun in the thread title!