MB Jeff Berlin Combo looking to add Ext. Cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by antman88, Dec 28, 2013.

1. antman88

antman88

New member, 1st time posting. I own the MB Berlin 151 Combo and am thinking about adding an extension cab. I have been really thin king about a 102 thinking it will compliment the 15in in the combo and give me a variety of sounds. Has anyone tried this? Am I better off just adding another 15? I'm doing it really for the sound and not the additional power. Also, how do they stack together?

Antman
  2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

I would add another 15. MB does have a matching 15.
  3. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

Add the NY151 cab and you 're done. I did and love it. Perfect fit and huge improvement and I loved the single cab.
  4. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

Glad to see we 're all in agreement.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. KidChar15

KidChar15

It depends on what you're doing music and venue-wise. I have the Jeff Berlin, a NY 151, and two NY 121s. I made a top for the combo head, such that it can slide in and out of the combo (likely voiding the warranty). I've tried all the combinations. The two 15s make for a huge, deep sound. I did the 121 with the Berlin for a while, and it was a great sound. Initially, I had some trouble because I was turning the 121 on its side to fit better with the 15. That caused some kind of buzz, but turning it right side up fixed it. I'm running two 121s now and am loving it for the sound and portability.
  7. DrSteve

DrSteve

I would go for the 102, but you know you have to try them both and see for yourself. A lot spends on your bass and your ears. Either way, I don't think you can make a bad choice. One just might be slightly better/pleasing to your ears.