1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

MB212 vs MB115 + MBP115

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MoeGJBeener, Feb 17, 2013.

1. MoeGJBeener

MoeGJBeener Supporting Member

I'm in the market for a new amp very soon. I want a light combo and I dig these Gallien Krueger MB series combos. I'm torn on a final decision.

Should I get the MB212? Single combo with 2 12's and a 500 watt amp. All in one package.

Or

Should I get the MB115 with an MBP115 powered extension? Both have 15"ers and 200 watt amps on board. I can run a single for quiet/smaller gigs and both for bigger gigs/practice.

Just for a little background, I'm in a 4 piece cover band. We are all on inears and I run through FOH.

2. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

If you use IEM and always through FOH then the amp is just stage dressing. The MB212 will carry you through practices.

3. MoeGJBeener

Yeah I really don't use the amp to hear it. More just to feel it. Anyone know why the MB212's aren't available anywhere? Or when they will be?

4. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

I'm in your exact situation, I have the new MB115 and was going back and forth between adding the MBP115 to slave with the MB115,,,,, or,,,,, getting the new MB212 to use as a stand alone.

I decided to order the MB212,,,,, reasons I went with that pick is I didn't want to bring two cabs (mb115 + mbp115) and I like the sound of 10's or 12's better than 15's,,,,, plus I think the MB212 might be louder and sound just as good, if not better, than the two 15 cabs.

I spoke to GK on the phone a few days ago and they said they had already started shipping the MB212's out to their distributors.

I'm thinkin my pre-ordered MB212 should get to me late this week or early next week (ordered thur Sweet Water).

For the record I owned ALL the first gen MB combos, sold them to get the second generation, so I'm very familiar with the MB212 vs a MB210+MBE115 vs the MB115.

For the BIG gigs I just landed a sweet deal on a used Neo 412 cab that's being shipped this week to me from GC,,,, I will push that cab with my MB500 head.

Cheers
    Davyo

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MoeGJBeener

Very nice to hear! Please let us know if yours gets shipped soon. I want to order but don't want to wait till April like many websites say.

7. Davyo

Yep,, other company's like GC or Amazon will not be getting the GK's for a while,,,, Sweet Water has a hot and heavy relationship with Gallien K so SW gets the GK stuff much sooner.

Cheers
    Davyo

8. MoeGJBeener

Welp, looks like I'm gonna have to call sweet water today and check on their lead time!

9. Davyo

For the record,,,, I've delt with Sweet Water more times than I can remember and they have always been great !!!!!!

Cheers
    Davyo

10. MoeGJBeener

Just got off the phone with Brandon at Sweet Water. My just ordered MB212 should be here in March! Wahoo!

11. Davyo

Cool,,,,,,,,,, now don't get your hopes up but I will tell you that when I spoke with GK a few days ago they told me they were shipping them now and I don't think Sweet Water knew that,,,,,meaning SW was going to get the MB212 sooner than they knew or expected.

Since myself and I'm sure others have been on pre-order we should be getting ours first,,,,but if all the MB212's SW gets are not already spoken for you might luck out and get one well before March.

I will post as soon as I get a delivery notification on mine.

Cheers
    Davyo

12. MoeGJBeener

Glad to hear that! I don't mind waiting, but early would be great! Fingers crossed over here

13. Davyo

Hey Moe,,,, thought I would give you a heads up,, Sweet Water now listing the MB212 as in stock and ready to ship.

Mine just shipped out I think as my credit card was already charged for it,,, SW never charges a card until they are actually shipping an item

Cheers
    Davyo

14. MoeGJBeener

AAWWWWEEESOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!!! :hyper::hyper:

that just made my day, dude!

15. MoeGJBeener

Wahoo! Just got an email from Brandon at sweet water. My MB212 is shipping today!

16. Davyo

Conrad's !!!

Cheers
    Davyo

17. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

I just ordered a new MB410 Series-II Combo today. If it proves itself and meets my expectations, i'll quickly order a new MBP410 Series-II to match up with it.

I'm told 45-60 day delivery but I think they've got some sluff built into that, so I expect it to arrive sooner.

TD

18. MoeGJBeener

Awesome! I have a feeling that is gonna be a big, yet light, package of awesomeness!

19. Davyo

Cool,,,, I've been waiting for someone to get the MB410 to read a review of it,,,,,, one member here got one when it first came out but sold it right after he got it,, he did say he liked it,,, not sure why he sold it though.

I did have the MB410 on pre-order but decided not to get it as I already had the GK Neo 410 cab, so I switched and ordered the MB212.

Lets us know how the MB410 does for you,,,, me thinks you will get it sooner than you were told,,,, hopefully you ordered thru SW as they can get the new GK stuff sooner than anyone else can.

Cheers
    Davyo

20. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

I'm not in the USA, although I could have ordered it from Sweetwater, the shipping would have made it more expensive than I could buy it for locally. Which is what I did.

TD

21. TinyE

TinyE Supporting Member

i'm in the same boat, but don't use in-ears. was thinking about getting the 115MBP, but wanted advice on the forum. These are all pretty new, so it's tough to tell the perfect combo....

any chance you want to sell your MB115? I could always run in stereo :)