1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

MDB amp covers

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bassinstincts, Mar 13, 2014.

1. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Acoustic Image
    Watch out for these guys. Ordered an amp cover. Paid with Paypal. No cover. No phone number. No response to multiple emails. Now pursuing dispute resolution through PayPal

2. PLYates

PLYates

Disclosures:
    Curt Mangan Strings
    Man it's funny- I'm having the same problem. Ordered a cover for my YBA 300 almost 3 weeks ago. Paid through PayPal. I've sent multiple emails with no response at all.

3. bassinstincts

Disclosures:
    Acoustic Image
    I smelled a skunk early, but its so rare that a Paypal merchant tries to screw you. From PayPal's response, I believe we are in group of many. Maybe I am naive, but I am hopeful that PP will be good for the money.

4. PLYates

PLYates

Disclosures:
    Curt Mangan Strings
    I had a feeling too- the lack of a phone number had me wondering... I certainly hope things are resolved quickly for you. Looks like I'll be heading down the same road.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassinstincts

Disclosures:
    Acoustic Image
    I will keep you posted, but PayPal says it may be a month before they have anything to tell me. I have reordered from another source.

7. bassinstincts

Disclosures:
    Acoustic Image
    Got my money back

But have no idea what was (or is) going on

8. Donovanfraser

Donovanfraser

Here is the really odd thing. I have ordered 3 times from this vendor and love my covers. Two for a couple of 1/12 cabs and one for an ampeg bass amp. There great!!
    But this time I order...nothing , nada , zippo. I get no answers to emails, when the last time around it was imediate ...
    It's been three weeks and no cover. So I've just gone straight to American express to dispute the charge..
    The guy must have been hacked completely...

9. bassinstincts

Disclosures:
    Acoustic Image
    When there is no follow-up (a la Dr. Bass), I assume, likely erroneously, that the guy just took a powder with the cash.
    And there have been other nice guys who just walked away.
    Jeff Hale of J Hale Music had a great reputation, but apparently has disappeared...keeping one of my friend's Raezer's Edge cab which he was selling on consignment.

10. Donovanfraser

Donovanfraser

I got a reply regarding the no communication. Said my cover was back ordered and today it's in the mail. We Will see.

11. bassinstincts

Disclosures:
    Acoustic Image
    Twill be interesting.

As far as i can tell they didn't respond to PayPal who reimbursed me.

12. SCAM_mdbcovers_voodooman

SCAM_mdbcovers_voodooman

mdbcovers got me too. Just opened my PP complaint today so see what happens. It was good to see somebody got their money back from these thieves. Crazy because not too long ago I got ripped off by voodooman switches (aka blacklabel switches, switchking, custom switches).After that fiasco, I did some checking and found out they have been ripping people off online for years and nobody can do anything about it. Quick to take your money (including expedited shipping cost), then no contact, no product. I should learn my lesson. Anyway, I just want to keep spreading the word.

old spice likes this.
  13. Paul M.

Paul M.

I ordered from mdbcovers and after a couple days I replied to the invoice
    I received asking when my order might ship out and I got a reply but it was them refunding my money because they canceled my order.
    Told me to get my Dam amp cover somewhere else !
    They put this in a very rude way and all I ask is when it would ship out.
    I would not recommend mdbcovers to anyone.
    I would say look somewhere else and pay a little extra if you have to. Just don't order from them.
    You will waste your time and money if they don't refund. I was just lucky.
    Evidently mdb does not want to make money. Poor Business.

14. Vinnie999

Vinnie999

I wish that I would have seen your posts prior to attempting to buy from MDB, now I'm another victim. Do not order from them, not reply, no order acknowledgment, nothing except taking my money.

old spice likes this.
  15. R. M. Tone

R. M. Tone

Stay away from this clown. He’s not a Pro, he has no client communication skills, and customer satisfaction is not a priority with him. It was like dealing with a petulant 16 year old. And maybe I was. I won’t do business with mdb again.

When I took the cover out of the envelope, the room filled with a strong burned smell - sort of like a giant full ashtray. The cover stank - it was permeated with the burned smell. I emailed him asking for a replacement cover. He ignored my first email and sent this response to my follow up:

"Sir, I do not smoke cigarettes and no one smokes in or around me shop. But, US Postal Service flat rate envelopes are not air tight and there is no way I can be responsible for all of the postal service employees from Texas to Virginia. For all I know your personal mail carrier chain-smokes while delivering mail. I would suggest you invest in a can of Febreeze or other fabric refreshener of your choice and file a complaint with your post office if you wish."

He tried to blame it on my "chain smoking mailman" and refused to replace the cover. Unbelievable! The PayPal Rep. chuckled about that one. I sent mdb this email:

This is no cigarette smell it smells like smoke damage after a house fire. So, Let me get this straight, you will not take any responsibility for the offensive smell of your product - you want to deflect blame to the mailman - and you want me to buy a spray that may or may not eliminate the stench coming from your product? Seriously? If the smell isn’t gone by tomorrow afternoon I’ll get my refund from PayPal.

I've let it air out for a few days and the smell isn’t terrible like it was, but it still smells bad and I don’t want his stank on my gear. PayPal will refund my account.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  16. bassinstincts

Disclosures:
    Acoustic Image
    Belated thanks for this. What a jerk!