Me and all my Talk Bass gear in a music video!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by two fingers, Dec 2, 2012.

1. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/emilyminorband

I fill in with this up and coming singer out of Nashville every now and then. She was making the video one of those weekends I played with her. In all the years of playing bass, I was never in a video before!

Full disclosure: I'm not the bassist on the recording, just in the video.

Now, to the gear.
    Fender Roscoe Beck Signature V I bought off of Dr.Cheese a couple years back. Doc was good as his word and this bass bacame my #1 over night.
    Mesa Walkabout Scout 15 w/ matching cab all covered in Wine Lizard with tan grills. Bought if from projectapollo out of Knoxville a while back. Funny story. The singer in the video actually lives in Nashville. I had her swing by the guys house in Knoxville on the way here and get the rig for me. I never met the guy! He was great to deal with though. Better pics here in his thread.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/fs-mesa-walkabout-scout-2x15-custom-cabs-836438/
    And I can't even remember the guy on TB I bought the Ibanez BTB 455M from. (The backup bass hanging on the stand.)

Anyway. Anyone else regularly gig with gear all bought from fellow TBers?
  2. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Nice video!

Blue
  3. two fingers

Thanks. I have no idea about such things and whether or not that one is done well. I'm just tripping out about being in one.
  4. Catanova

Catanova

Thats a really nice fill-in gig man... plus you have a great "backline" view! Nothing shoddy about the video IMO
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 137h4lone

137h4lone

nice vid ! that girl can sing !
  7. 1954bassman

1954bassman

+1
  8. two fingers

She's a sweetheart too. My 3 year old will plow right over me to get to "Emmy" when she shows up in town. Thanks guys.
  9. two fingers

Thanks to all who took a look. I have no vested interest in the artist, just a little showin' tail....... I mean show and tell.

I guess I should pose the TB gear question somewhere else?
  10. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

You guys sound great but I am getting depressed seeing my old Roscoe Beck!:D
  11. two fingers

Ha! Sorry Doc! Take comfort in that she found a home where she is loved and played.
  12. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

Seriously, I really like your video. I wish you and my old RBV were a bit higher in the mix, but at least you really look cool with it in the video!:bassist:

I have to admit that the RBV is getting much better use out of you than it was from me.

BTW, now that you have it, at least three TB'ers have owned that bass: me, Lomo, and you.:)
  13. two fingers

Actually, it's not me on the recording, Doc. I'm just in the video. The guy who produced the album in Nashville played bass on it as well. His name is Scott (can't remember last name) and I believe he plays a Sadowsky. He has come this way with her a few times. Great guy and a really good player.

Plus, I think the RBV has found her last owner for a while. I play other basses and it just doesn't feel right. Plus, that thing can cop a TON of tones.
  14. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Supporting Member

Nice job, dewd!
  15. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Congrats on your film debut. I like the chick.