1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

me and my brother effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Unemploid, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Unemploid

Unemploid

i just wanted to know what do you think if my brothers effects. he player guitar. so to keep this thread more relevant to talkbass, i've also included my effects. my bro is wondering, what order should he have his effects?

my bro's gear: gibson sg - evh crybaby wah - zakk wylde overdrive - mxr evh phaser - mxr evh flanger - zakk wylde chorus - slash octave fuzz - line 6 amp

my gear: gretsch g5123b - mxr bass octave deluxe - mxr bass fuzz deluxe - ampeg ba115hp

2. Nelito

Nelito

If you like the sound you are getting, your chains are fine.
    You can also try this signal order:
    gibson sg - slash octave fuzz - zakk wylde overdrive - evh crybaby wah - mxr evh phaser - mxr evh flanger - zakk wylde chorus - line 6 amp

You both need to get a delay asap.

Ps: try your brother's chorus with your bass, you may enjoy being like Duff form guns ;)

3. Happynoj

Happynoj

I would go:

SG -> Crybaby -> ZW Overdrive -> Slash OF -> ZW Chorus -> EVH Flanger -> EVH Phaser -> Amp

4. Dave W

Dave W Previously bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I would go:

SG -> Crybaby ->EVH Phaser -> ZW Overdrive -> Slash OF ->EVH Flanger -> ZW Chorus -> Amp

Wah and phaser are a very similar effect and I prefer them at the front of the chain. Time based effects like chorus and delay go at the end.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Having fun yet? Supporting Member

+1 It will really come down to which sounds you prefer. Some like to phase their distortion and some like to distort their phase.

Start with Bassgods suggestion and then move the phaser before the flanger. Then determine what you like best.

7. Unemploid

Unemploid

thanks everybody

8. Unemploid

Unemploid

i wanna get the mxr bass chorus deluxe ad stanley clarke wah.