Measuring for a case

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RGMX100, Feb 17, 2014.

1. RGMX100

RGMX100

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if not please redirect me.

I got a new Cort bass just last Christmas, and I have everything for it except a decent case. I've been using a cheap gig bag, but I don't think it'll offer much protection if my 75 watt Fender amp falls on it in the car. Therefore I decided to get a flight case. The only problem is I don't know how to measure my bass to make sure it will fit properly. If anyone can help me with this small dilemma that'd be great :)

2. Osprey

Osprey

Protecting a good bass is good sense of course, and the bass looks great in a nice new case. My experience: I bought a good hard-case for my Status bass, and spent some time walking around it with the lid up, admiring how well they look. After that though I almost always use my gig-bag in the car, because it weighs so much less. And if your amp is likely to topple over in the car I'd lie it on its back: won't do it any good to topple even of it hasn't got a bass to break its fall.
    That's my advice but I bet you buy a hard-case anyway!

3. Wallace320

Wallace320

I'd tell ya to look for a drop shaped hard case, more than a professional flight case

There are spare drop shaped hard cases from $. 30.00 to $. 50.00 with lock and key (usually weak...) but enough to preserve your bass from normal shocks and just a lil' larger than a good gigbag.

Then you can find pretty hard cases in composite material from $. 100.00 to $. 120.00 with lock and key (usually good) but unfortunately squared = larger.

Finally you can go for a proper metal cast flight case, capable to not only face your bass combo but probably you and couple of close friends seated on it... alright, but its content should really be prepared accordingly to your bass specs, 'cause the whole thing's gonna be huge, rigid, heavy and expensive: from $. 150.00...

Cheers,
    Wallace

4. RGMX100

RGMX100

So in terms of measuring the bass what should I do?

5. Register to disable this ad