1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Mesa 410 Powerhouse

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by c4muzik, Aug 20, 2013.

1. c4muzik

c4muzik

Just picked up a Mesa 410 Powerhouse. I've been strictly using Ampeg gear for years and recently picked Mesa 410 over the Ampeg 810. The new cab blows my 410HLF away. I'm going to eventually get a second 410. Just wondering if the M6 would be enough juice to run both cabs or if I should spend the xtra cash and go with the M9.
    Thanks
  2. icks

icks

The M6 is powerfull enough to push 2 of these babies without any problem.

But getting a M9 is soooooooooo sweet.
  3. c4muzik

c4muzik

The M9 looks awesome just a matter of $$. I was wondering about 600watts with the 2 cabs. Now thinking why I didn't switch over before! Lol
  4. c4muzik

c4muzik

Actually one reason being my guitarist plays loud as hell.
  5. hotrodjohn

hotrodjohn Supporting Member

I run the M6 through a powerhouse 410 and 212 (yes i'm mixing cabs, so kick me). I dont think ive ever dialed the gain past 3. Waaaay loud enough to humiliate my guitarist playing his mesa dual rectifier through 2 4x12 cabs.
  6. c4muzik

c4muzik

Nice! My guitarist has 2 Bogner half stacks through a Bogner and Diesel head. Insanely loud! One thing I was worried about was underpowering the speakers. I guess I'll most likely shoot fir the M6 unless I cand find an M9 used. Thanks for the input!
  7. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

The M9 has a graphic EQ - this can be helpful for dialing your tone in certain rooms. The M6 is just nuts with volume. The extra 300 watts of M9 is really not going to make a huge difference. But if you have the money, I would go to the M9.