Mesa 50 Cal+ 112 Combo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Texan, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

I'm getting rid of gear that I don't use and as much as I LOVE this amp, but I only play it maybe twice yearly. I used it on a gig a couple of weeks ago and it was killer, but I'm not a guitarist in any respect and prefer my Plexi when I do have Guitar gigs. This is the 50 watt, 6L6 driven Mesa 50 Cal+. This amp will power other cabs that are 4 or 8 ohms and will power 2-4x12's as long as the final load is 4 ohms. You can use the internal speaker and an 8 ohm extension, or just use the the amp as a head and use only external speakers, as kind as there us a 4 ohm final. The speaker was upgraded to the WGS ET65, which made the sound much fuller than the original Black Shadow, the cleans are crisp and the drive is killer. Before you ask, I do not have the Black Shadow any longer. The tubes have maybe 20 hours of use. The foot switch is homemade, the LED lights up for the channels, as the channel provides power for the LED but the EQ switch does not (mesa designed it this way). There are no issues at all with this amp. It will come in a basic Forge by Anvil case. I keep it in this case and use the case as a stand which works perfectly. $[DEL]450[/DEL], $400plus shipping. The only thing that I would swap for would be a Lakland bass (I really want a 44-60) plus cash from me or maybe a nice Jazz bass. If you are in Texas, I would be willing to try to meet half way depending on where you are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Texan

$400 plus shipping...
  3. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

That's a crazy sweet price for that, maybe you oughta post it on a guitar forum like MyLesPaul.com? For what it's worth I paid more than that years ago for a Studio .22 (basically the same amp with less power) and it had a crappy Eminence Fender OEM speaker and no case. I have this same amp with a Celestion Rocket 50 speaker in it and would trade for the WGS in a heartbeat. With a Les Paul this amp cops a great vintage grindy tube tone like Billy Gibbons gets easily. Good luck!
  4. Texan

5. Register to disable this ad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.