1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

mesa boogie 410 question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by brenner182, Mar 13, 2014.

1. brenner182

brenner182

Long story short, i have a buddy who has a mesa 410 he wants to trade me, but I have never seen one like this. It looks like a newer powerhouse. Has the same grill and what not, but the inputs on the back are only 1/4 inputs. And it has a horn attentuator. But other than two huge ports on the back thats it.

He said he bought it a couple years ago, And replaced a speaker in it. Any idea what it's worth? There are a couple scuffs on the top from having a Rack case on it, but that makes no difference to me.

Pics to follow

2. brenner182

brenner182

Pics of the input jack

Attached Files:

3. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Not much. Unless he replaced the speaker with the same kind that it came with, and the rest of the drivers are in good shape, which is doubtful if he blew one already.

4. brenner182

brenner182

From what he told me, The guy he got it from had the grill off of it for whatever reason and a mic stand fell on it and busted the speaker. So instead of reconing it, he just put a eminance in it. It sounds fine. And i might be able to get him throw in either a ampeg b4r or a svt3-pro after some negoiating. Becasue he is looking to get rid of a bunch of gear.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. chaosMK

chaosMK

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I prefer the older PH cabs with the rear ports. They seem more heavy duty to me than the current production ones. The one u are looking at is probably an early model if it doesnt have speakons or the crossover "player control network thing."

Value with the old school-ness and blown speaker... maybe $250-300 IMO. Mesa 10's are pricey if you want to replace it properly.

7. brenner182

brenner182

Like i said, the speaker was not blown. Looked on mesa website looks like it is 120 to replace it to the mesa speaker.

8. dukeisdog

dukeisdog

It doesn't matter if the speaker wasn't blown. You still can't just pick any 10" speaker and throw it in the box because it fits. The cabs are designed with the speakers they will use in mind. They build the box to the speaker specs basically.

The only reason they asked if it was blown was because if it was, chances are the other 3 speakers may not be in as good of shape as you think.

9. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Thats a big "nope" from me, unless you can get the cab minus the cost of replacing with the exact same drivers that are in it.

10. dukeisdog

dukeisdog

+1

Factor in the cost of a 'proper' replacement speaker from Mesa, then consider if it's a good deal.

11. brenner182

brenner182

Noted. I'll have to look into this. Thanks for the info.