SOLD Mesa Boogie Buster/Schroeder 1210 combo $750 obo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by richst, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richst

richst Supporting Member

I just got a SS combo so this is up for sale. I just had it completely retubed and gone through. It sounds warm and smooth. You can get some grit but this is a really clean sounding amp. It reminds me a lot of my old dual showman crossed with an Ampeg SVT. No strange noises and it's friggen loud. I just don't need this much rig for my wedding band. $750 shipped!! :D

BTW, it sounds awesome. I had a cheapie custom cover for the front made so it looks kinda like it should. The head fits so perfectly in the Schroeder that I bought it without the headcase just for this project. It has Fender style tiltback legs too.

Only trades I'm looking for are an Empress comp or maybe a MIJ 70's J bass with a nth ash body. 5 string ash J basses are always an option but really looking for the cash. I have about $1k into this thing. New tubes and completely checked out.

If there is a lack of interest I may break it up. The head does NOT have a headcase.

Thx
    Rich

Hi res pics here.........

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u2k5ue499jbp4b2/klrBvsjLFO

Attached Files:

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Very cool frankenstien of a combo amp. As a former Buster 210 wedge owner, I can attest to it's uber clean tubey goodness. Much more powerful than the 200 watt rating would suggest. Best of luck, that would make for an awesome powerhouse combo.

3. richst

richst Supporting Member

Clean to medium grit. never gets super dirty. Cab has a 12 and a 10 and a tweeter. Tell all your Dallas bass player buddies about it. I'm not looking forward to shipping this. :eek:

4. high mileage

high mileage

Any fairly close guess on the weight? If I weren't 1000 miles away, this would be about right.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pdrizzle

Pdrizzle

+1

Current wedge owner. Awesome bass amp, way too much power! You can run a veritable armada of cabs from the one head. A quick search for the manual will explain how.

7. Mr. Majestic

Mr. Majestic Mr. Majestic Swamp Ash Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Very nice......I remember that cabinet, sounded great with my setup also. Think I'll send ya' a message.

8. richst

richst Supporting Member

yawn..........:oops: I'll get the weight this afternoon. Less than 100 lbs. but probably pretty close.

Smokin deal for someone local with cash........

9. high mileage

high mileage

Looks like UPS Ground to me is in the neighborhood of $150... If you've got a better idea and want to ship it, shoot me a PM and let's talk. Cool amp, regardless.

10. richst

richst Supporting Member

I'll get the weight and some price quotes. There are some freight options too. StandbyÂ…

11. richst

richst Supporting Member

73 lbs according to my bathroom scale. cabinet is 24 x 24 x 18. It would be packed in a box probably 30 x 30 x 24 and the tubes would be sent in a separate box. Shipping via fedex would most likely be around $80 give or take. I'm feeling generous tonight after a great indian meal. $750 shipped to lower 48?? :hyper:

12. richst

richst Supporting Member

I have all the hardware to return the schroeder back to a rackmount airhead cab. You would need to do some woodwork to restore the backing for the rack rails but it's very easy to accomplish. Also included are the front and back covers that attach via velcro. Also, returning the speaker plug in is very easy. Just unsolder the speaker wire I installed and resolder to the plate.....done.

13. flygirafda3

flygirafda3

Whats the impedance on the cab? Is it possible to use it with another cab?

14. richst

richst Supporting Member

The cab is 4 ohms. Let me check the manual. I don't think you can run the amp lower than 4 ohms.

15. richst

richst Supporting Member

16. richst

richst Supporting Member

I'll split these up because of all the requests. Send your offers. Going to the bay as a combo tomorrow. We will see what happens.

17. richst

richst Supporting Member

18. BluesBassFreak

BluesBassFreak Supporting Member

19. richst

richst Supporting Member

and thread closed!:hyper:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.