Mesa Boogie full range road ready OR which 15" cab?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DonnyDanger, Jan 27, 2014.

1. DonnyDanger

DonnyDanger

Hi guys,

Anyone familiar with this beast?

[​IMG]

Would it be a good pairing with an Ashdown CTM100?

I was thinking of pairing the amp with a single 15" once i get it, but maybe this could be a good option? The seller is asking 650 euros.

Any other suggestions on 15" 8ohm cabs are more then welcome under 700 euros.
  2. catgut

catgut

I am wondering this as well. Especially since the consensus is not to mix and match cone sizes.
    Like do a 4x10 or 2x 4x10 but not a 4x10 and 1x15. Does this all in one manage to minimize the phase issues? Or stay clear like the Powerhouse 300/ 1000? Either way the Mesa Diesel/ Road Ready 15" with EV is one of the best 15" you can get if all you need is a single 15". They can be had in the states for about $250.00-400.00 depending on condition and case style.
  3. DonnyDanger

DonnyDanger

That's what has me worried as well.

This one has got EV speakers in it, just worried about the phase issues, and maybe if the CTM100 would drive this properly.
  4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Not the greatest cab design, but yes, very good cab just the same. Way more output than a single 15, if that's the only other option. Bass volume is all about moving air, so the more spkrs the better. though matched cabs are a better option overall. (ie: 2x 115 cabs)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DonnyDanger

DonnyDanger

Think i might just go for the 115 option.

Possible contenders:

- Orange OBC115
    - Ampeg 115hlf
    - 2 x Ashdown MAG115
    - New Fender Rumble 115
    - Fender Neo 115

Any other good options in that pricerange ?
    It needs to be 60cm wide to fit the CTM100 :D
  7. vbchaos

vbchaos

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    I gigged that particular cabinet once - a friend of mine owns it and powers it with an ampeg3. I played my traynor YBA300 through it.
    It has a nice rich full tone. Not spectacular though. It's way too heavy for me and far too bulky. They needed 2 people to move it around.

Not my choice of cabinet. My mate swears to it, though
  8. anderbass

anderbass

Yeah that's one of the Mesa 1516/1516B/1516BE models.

I gigged a 1516BE for awhile, but its upper-mids were voiced a bit too bright for my tastes.
  9. Cirk

Cirk

I don't think you need to worry about the speaker size issue with this cab, as the drivers are crossed over IIRC. Check Mesa's website to be sure.