1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JellinWellen, Nov 6, 2013.

1. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

So I'm gonna be exchanging an amp on friday for a new one, unfortunately I will have to order one since the shop carries very few bass amps outside all the markbass stuff (its good stuff I just don't like em).

I saw they have this used there and Ill def. be trying it out on an ampeg 8x10 to get a feel for it.(I play through an ampeg 8x10) But I just wanted to see if anyone has tried this for bass? Enough headroom?

100 watts all tube built around EL34's. Very mid heavy (I like lots of mids in my sound). Wonder how it compares to the old ampeg v4s?

http://www.amazon.com/Mesa-Boogie-Stiletto-Guitar-Amplifier/dp/B005JSYJTQ

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    There's a thread on their two new tube amps going on where a lot of your questions about it could be answered. The new V4B compares extremely favorably to the old one, though. To me, it's a dead ringer.

3. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

I would definitely hop all over any v4 if I had the cash. The exchange I'm getting is only what i paid originally(900$) so I was even considering a used SVT-2.