1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Mesa M6 popping problem?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by poundround, Dec 22, 2012.

1. poundround

poundround

A month ago I had to send my beloved M6 to get fixed for some horrible buzzing. Good news is that the buzzing is gone. But now when I turn it on or off it creates a popping sound and it pushes the speakers out fast. When turning it off it actually sounds like the preamp turns off then the poweramp. Any help is appreciated. Maybe its not a big deal I just worry about my speakers.
  2. poundround

poundround

3. jbrooks

jbrooks

My amp's literature (Hartke 3500 combo) said to turn down the master volume and gain before turning it off and having the both turned down when powering it up. I guess to prevent something like this happening. It popped a couple of times when I didn't follow the instructions.
  4. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

Did you send it in to Mesa??? If so, call them - if not, why not???

- georgestrings
  5. poundround

poundround

@jbrooks, I tried that but the same thing happened. I did call my local dealer but they had no idea if its a problem or not. Guess I will have to call.
  6. poundround

poundround

ok.........mesa boogie is on holiday break.bummer.
  7. georgestrings

georgestrings Supporting Member

In the meantime, a way around hitting your speakers like that is to turn the Master volume all the way down, unplug the speaker cable, then shut off the amp - reverse the process for turning it on...

- georgestrings