1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

mesa ph 610 vs eden xst 410

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by DirtyDuke, Jan 7, 2014.

1. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member

Hi people,

Just picked up a mesa m9. I currently have the Eden xst 410 which is 8ohms. It matches very nicely with my Eden wt800.

Then wt800 needs repairs so I picked up an m9. I have a chance to get a mesa oh 610.
    my question is it worth the extra weight, its seems to be a great match for the m9 at 4ohms.

Has anyone tried both cabs? Characteristics etc

2. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

i am interested to hear about the 6 10 too.
    free bump

3. klejst

klejst

I owned the PowerHouse 6x10 for about a year and a half and I will to this day say it was one of the best cabs I have ever owned. The tone was pretty tight and spot on with the 10's but also was clear and each note could be heard. With a 800w handling you have some headroom with amps but at the time I was only feeding it 450w and it was still pretty loud. I never used a Eden cab at all so I am not sure about that 4x10. My only complaint with it was the weight at around 134lbs but if your back and transportation can handle it then you really cannot go wrong in my opinion. Mesa stuff usually keeps it's value as well. Just my two cents, I regret having to sell mine.