Mesa Powerhouse Jr cab?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Feb 11, 2002.

1. MrFortuneCookie

MrFortuneCookie

I have the opportunity to buy a Mesa Diesal Powerhouse Jr. cab. What do you guys think of this cab? Is it loud. I know it only handles 300 watts. I'm looking at two options for some sort of stack. Either the Powerhouse Jr. and Diesal 2x10 with an Aguilar DB359 or Mesa Diesal 4x10 with an Aguilar DB750. Which do you guys think?
  2. Steven Green

Steven Green

I used to own one...very loud. I found that mine was rated very conservatively. If you threw a 1x15 under it, you'd have a very nice full-range sound. The 8" Celestions are very quick and punchy. The 12" EV is also quick and has great punch. It's really heavy, but as you know, most of Mesa's stuff is! There is an attenuator or on/off switch on the back for the horn and 1 speaker-in jack (no out), so I would recommend using a cab with both first, then connecting that to the Jr. Or if you have a amp with 2 speaker outs, there's no problem. Great cab!
  3. MrFortuneCookie

MrFortuneCookie

Well in that case, which should i get, the 4x10 or the Powerhouse Jr.? I decided i'll get the DB359 eitherway. Running 600watts with 200 tube isn't bad at all.
  4. MrFortuneCookie

MrFortuneCookie

Alright, well since the 4x10 has now been sold. What do you guys think of a DB359 and a Diesel Powerhouse Jr. cab? Any other opinions on this cab would be helpful.