Mesa Traditional PH 610

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by drea2304, Feb 26, 2014.

1. drea2304

drea2304 Supporting Member

Just got a Prodigy and I have been looking hard at the Mesa Traditional PH 610 but haven't been able to find any reviews on these. Has anyone played through one. Thanks in advance.
  2. 2milehighspike

2milehighspike Supporting Member

inquiring minds want to know! I think that would be a killer rig, I would also like to hear about the PH610.
  3. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

What's the deal with the traditional 6X10? It doesn't mention anything about porting on the Mesa website so it leaves me to believe it's a chambered 6X10 (like ampegs 810) and also sealed. Could be a killer cab and maybe something that could rival the Berg NV610 for SVT Killer!

I unfortunately can't be much help, I play my Prodigy through a PH610 and can tell you it sounds wicked though! I bet these new traditional cabs sound great.
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The Traditional PH610 is, indeed, a chambered and sealed cab, just like the Traditional PH810. Mesa recently sent us the Prodigy and Strategy heads, along with the Traditional PH810 and the (ported) Traditional PH410. I do own an older (ported) PH610, plus a bunch of other Mesa amps/cabs, so I look forward to putting them all through their paces.

But yes, another sealed 6x10 on the market is a very cool thing! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :cool:
  5. drea2304

Looking forward to this!
  6. Overdrive777

Overdrive777

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa/Boogie

Me too!!!:)
  7. bobicidal

bobicidal Supporting Member

That sealed 610 sounded great with the Prodigy at the Mesa GTG last spring. Everyone attending was very impressed with it and the 810
  8. drea2304

Thanx bobicidal. I picked one up and have only got to play through it one practice. It seemed to sound like my 810e. I'll need some time to really compare them and I'm still trying to get used to the Prodigy. Was there much difference between the Traditional 610 & 810?
  9. jetofuj

jetofuj

Is review comming soon?
  10. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    It is slated for our Summer 2014 issue.