1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
  2. Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting. Note that the Classifieds Forums are now single-post ads. You can edit your ad any time to enter additional information. You can BUMP your ad by clicking the "bump" link at the bottom of your post (once every 24 hours). Thanks!

Mesa Venture 600w 2x10 combo, plus PH115

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by terlewine, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terlewine

terlewine Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Venture combo traded locally.
    PH115 sold pending payment.
    (Now I have another PH115, and will probably list it soon.)
    Closing thread.

This is the best/loudest/most versatile rig I've ever owned. But it's really more firepower than I need.

The combo is a 600watt Mesa Venture amp going through 2 tens. Loud and clear by itself -- sort of a supercombo. Comes with cover, footswitch, footswitch storage bag, casters. Manual and papers, too. It's been well cared for.

The extension cab is a PowerHouse 15. 400w 8 ohm. Added to the combo, it just kills. No cover, but yes casters.

Price: $1100 for the stack.
    At this point I don't want to sell separately,
    but if I do I'm thinking along these lines:
    For the Venture combo: $750
    For the PH115: $350

Venture 600 on Harmony Central:
    http://www.harmonycentral.com/products/93227

I don't want to ship these. I'm in Southeast Ohio; tone and volume like this is worth driving to pick up :)
    No trades, thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. robertusf

robertusf Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

G.a.ssssssssss
  3. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Man you have a lot of great amps!!
  4. terlewine

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks. I've been "buying and trying" for several years now, to come up with the perfect rig. This is the best of them all by a long shot, but I just don't want to play this loud anymore!
    (Maybe I'll decide I'm crazy to sell it and wind up keeping it -- sure does sound good.)
  5. Crabby

Crabby

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

I have a Venture combo and can attest to how good they sound. Arguably one of the coolest and most usable combos ever.
  6. JonKim

JonKim Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

I had one of these few years back and nothing comes close to that smooth hearty Mesa tone! Even with one blown speaker it sounded sweet
  7. terlewine

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Hmmm... Should these be split up and offered separately?
  8. Vakmere

Vakmere

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

A sale is a sale. Are both cabs 8 ohms each and what is the weight of each cab?
  9. fourfinger

fourfinger Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

This was my rig. It is the best tone you can get and is built to last. I was the second owner. The first owner was a singer friend of mine who kept it in his studio and virtually never used it. It was like new when I bought it, and in excellent shape when terlewine and I swapped rigs last year; I only parted with it because I started playing with a very low-volume group, and traded it for terlewine's smaller Walkabout.

A tone-o-phile's dream rig, right here.

Good price, great rig, out-of-this-world tone at any volume you like! Not that hard to carry, either. The removable casters roll very smoothly.
  10. terlewine

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Vakmere: sorry to be slow in replying. I'm out of town for a few days and checking email is spotty.

Yep, both cabs are 8 ohm.

I think the combo is 90 pounds -- could be a few pounds heavier than that.

Mesa's spec on the newest PH115 says 66lbs. That's probably pretty close to this cab's weight, too.
  11. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

Disclosures:
    Lawyer & Hobbist Bass Maker
    bump for this great deal on a quality amp.
  12. terlewine

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Venture combo traded locally.
    PH115 sold pending payment.
    (Now I have another PH115, and will probably list it soon.)
    Closing thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.