1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Met Steve Wozniak (co-founder of Apple) tonight....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Baird6869, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

At a work thing.

What a genuinely nice guy. Super cool person. A pleasure to meet.

His brain works differently than mine (he is an engineer thru and thru and I am a sales guy) but the man completely changed the world and is super rich..... But has no private jet, no assistants, etc.

Cool that a famous, super smart and wealthy person doesn't have to be a Knob!:hyper:
  2. ()smoke()

()smoke() Supporting Member

I've never met him, but that seems to be what I hear from those who have. seems like a good guy 😎
  3. tplyons

tplyons

Cool! I'm surprised how many people WAY up there are cool, and the biggest knobs are the people that are only halfway there.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Did you happen to notice what mobile device he was using?

-Mike
  5. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    I'm a great admirer of The Woz.

But his latest business venture, for some sort of hifalutin graphics processor, has been spamming my e-mail at my day job. :meh:
  6. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

He usually lines up to grab the newest Apple product when it comes out with everyone else.

lowsound
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

I think he uses a Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted and overclocked.

-Mike
  8. Musiclogic

Musiclogic

Disclosures:
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    He is a very cool guy, very odd at times. I was with Intel from 88 to 94 and we crossed paths more than a few times. His most endearing trait is that he is always willing to speak with anyone, and will never try to make you feel somehow less than him, he always seems to fit well with anyone in jeans and a ratty T.
  9. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Supporting Member

He uses Android as well as Apple products.
  10. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

11. DigMe

DigMe

12. spector_boogie

spector_boogie No Limit Honky Supporting Member

I always preferred Woz to Jerbz. SJ wouldn't even (allegedly) write the intro to Woz's bio when Woz was the dude w/ the tech skills that even got them to the pre "pod" days in the first place. He was already building kit for HP when they got together IIRC.
  13. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

If he were so smart he would! ;)
  14. guitar ed

guitar ed

I had a chance for a 5 minute chat with Woz, here in his hometown. (I live in the next town over.) He is a pretty nice guy.

Regarding his phones, he has a number of Apple and Android phones. One of his criteria for which he uses, is where is he going to be? He has figured out that certain phones do better, or worse, with background noise, and it is messes with his ability to use Siri.

Later,

edg
  15. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

I'm not an Apple fanboi, but Woz always seemed hella cool.

Also, I've found Larry Ellison very interesting. A lot of people find him arrogant, but I believe there's a such thing as being douchebag arrogant and charmingly arrogant. I always found Ellison to fall into the latter category (albeit, I've never met him in person).