1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Metal recording with FNA Jazzman

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Emil Bringsli, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Emil Bringsli

Emil Bringsli

Hey guys!
    I tried googling whether or not the FNA Jazzman would be fitting in a metal setting, and couldn't find too many clips (besides TesseracTs first album, of course).
    Then I realized I had a friend who had one, I borrowed his, and ended up using it in my latest release.
    Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you guys, I believe the bass comes through the mix fairly well here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rssIM0QyuDU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbyO-zjYnIjvd8i_a2wyWbg

Constructive feedback is always appreciated!
  2. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Your FNA sounds cool. Bit honky on the upper-mid (for my liking, but that's just personal pref). Digging the roomy snare too. Roomy drums need more love in heavier music.

One thing I think is objectively not that great is the guitar tone. What are you using for him?
  3. BrentSimons

BrentSimons Supporting Member

Wow! That sounds toight! :) I hoped you stretched before and after that. Holy tendonitis!
    Great work man.
    Take Care,
    Brent