MF Deal of the Day: Monster Cables

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by hifibass, Dec 26, 2012.

1. hifibass

hifibass Supporting Member

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

You forgot the 'Stupid' part. Goes hand in hand with Monster :)

3. carl h.

carl h.

4. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

Ouch! Burn!!! Lol

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rodneyat

rodneyat Supporting Member

Ha! I never saw what the actual deal was. But, they are actually good cables. Just not worth the ridiculous money they ask for them at regular price. I've never used them personally, but if the price was good enough. it was probably a good deal.

7. dave79

dave79 Supporting Member

If you used them personally you would know that their life expectancy is a few months. They sound great though.

8. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

I gigged one for eight years before it gave out. Took it to GC, handed it to the clerk in a tangled mess. Walked out 2 minutes later with a new replacement. Been going strong for over a year now.

9. troy mcclure

troy mcclure Supporting Member

I don't buy Monster cables because they are better...I just live close enough to sam ash or guitar center to walk in and exchange them every time one goes out.

10. Bongolation

Bongolation

I've read that exchange thing is no longer the case.

11. Batmensch

Batmensch

That's what I've heard, too. At least you can't just walk in and exchange it, you have to fill out a form and have the store send in the faulty cable, and then you get the replacement shipped to you. Whatever, ther are plnty of other cables that are as good as monster, with as good a warranty, but they don't cost nearly as much.

12. Swipter

Swipter

If that is the case then I will buy something different. Of course I will get my replacement and I bet you have to pay for shipping.

13. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

I just buy cables that don't go out.

14. peteybass

peteybass

Same with me. I have a Lifeline cable Ive owned for 30 years that still works Also 4 old Fender cables that still work perfectly. Only cables I have had issues with were Monster Cables. Had a new one go out at a show and. 2 others,barely used cut out. GC was great and exchanged them but so what if they don't last. They don't like any twisting and curl up. I have friends that love them with no issues so may just be me.

15. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Monster Instrument cables are the only cables that have ever failed on me. I will admit, I have some Monster Speaker cables that are still working fine.

16. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 I very stupidly tried to lift a stuck pedal off of my pedal board by the ends of the cables of course they snapped I just walked in and had them replaced I won't use anything but monster

17. RFord04

RFord04 Supporting Member

If the warranty is a reason some of you buy Monster Cables, you can get the Livewire cables for half the price with the same easy replacement guarantee.

18. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

I'm a little surprised by all the negativity toward them. I'll admit that they're overpriced, but I've never paid anywhere near list for them.

I have two of their bass cables that I've had for well over 15 years. Keep one in my home rig for everyday use, and one in my gear bag for practices/gigs. Never had to replace either. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I have no complaints.

19. sj_bass

sj_bass Supporting Member

Not my experience a couple of weeks ago. I took two old cables that were broken (the Monster just gave out, the LiveWire was obviously damaged by the look of the bent plug) - and these two cables I got from someone else here on TB. I handed them over and walked out with two new cables. No questions asked.

20. RFord04

RFord04 Supporting Member

Yup, just last night, I exchanged a bad monster cable for a new one at GC, no questions asked.

21. ThatBassistDude

ThatBassistDude

I just got my first monster cable, I've hear so many good things about them I wanted to see for myself. I hope they're actually as good as they profess to be. I've had a Fender Tonemaster cable for about 3 years and it was half the price of this one.