1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

MF Discount for TB

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chains, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Chains

Chains

Jan 22, 2014
    I saw something about a forum member discount for Musicians Friend.
    Any info is helpful.
    Thanks in advance.....

2. I saw that post as well ... I'm skeptical about it, but would like to be proven wrong!

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Here you go...

Luke Waala

Customer Experience &

Technical Support Team Leader

801 501 8834

forums@musiciansfriend.com

Don't forget to give him the secret TB password!

;)

5. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Resurrection, just in case anyone else is searching for it.

YMMV, but my recent experience with contacting Luke got me Katey, who was polite and professional and friendly. (See other threads with "gearheads").

On a single purchase retailing over $200, she was able to offer me 15% off. Now, for me, 15% becomes real dollars when we start talking about retail prices closer to $1000, but even at this low level it is nothing to sneeze at and appreciated.

Having said that, I was able to get a 12% discount from the customer service rep over the phone. (Ben, also friendly and professional) on the same item with my first call (came back here to find that there was a specific email address).

If Geartree, to name just one other online retailer--no attachment or consideration, I spent approximately the same amount with them last year that I did with MF--carried the item I was looking for, I think we would get 15% from them just by asking.

I'm a small businessman.
    I honestly don't know the markup on musical gear.
    I believe people should earn a fair wage.

But this discount isn't a lot to write home about, IMO/IME.