1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

MI Audio Blueboy Deluxe vs. Aguilar Agro

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by el murdoque, Dec 13, 2013.

1. el murdoque

el murdoque

Hi,
    i need some input on this one.
    The situation is that a bandmate brought the Blueboy to rehearsal for me to check out and i liked it. It is built for guitar, but it does not steal any lows i could hear of, even the low B was crunchy and boomy. I'd take a shot at this one if there wasn't the possibility to get an agro for about the same money (the Blueboy is used, but in very good condition, coming from a pedalboard that's never seen a stage and would cost me €100,-, i can get the agro for €110,- in similar condition). When i go for the agro, i can't try it beforehand and cannot return it if i dont like it. My amplification's all aguilar with a tonhammer and two 212 cabs and i'm playing 5 strings - now i don't know if sticking with the same brand is somehow cheesy or not.
    Seems like the OD pedal will be the start of a small pedal board,
    i'm planning on adding a second OD/Dist., a compressor (either pigtronix philosopher or aguilar) and a tuner, so four pedals in total.
  2. el murdoque

el murdoque

since there seems to be no sensible advice on this topic,
    i simply did what the normal GAShead does when stuck in the
    'should i get A or B?' department. I bought both. The Aggie will arrive
    soon and then i'll get down to some serious testing.