Miami Beach music community

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by roman_ki, Jan 15, 2014.

1. roman_ki

roman_ki

Hi everyone,

I actually used to read this forum, but today I have a reason to post :hyper:

I am gonna visit US for the first time, I am gonna spend for 3 weeks in Miami Beach.

I am a bass guitar player and would like to go to some rock gig (I prefer covers) or even play at jam etc.

Could you help me please with this stuff? Maybe you know local Miami guitar forums where I can find all information I need.

Best Regards!!!! :bassist:
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Administrator

Media:
    hey there

welcome to talkbass. i moved this to misc where it might get a bit more exposure. have fun in Miami :).
  3. basskababble

basskababble Supporting Member

I'm from Miami.

There's a Jazz Jam at Churchill's Pub on Monday nights that's great, that's in wynwood not too far from the beach. (You can catch some really crazy stuff there on other nights, never covers)
    The Bar in coral Gables has cover bands on Friday or Saturday nights, you'll have to look it up.
    On South Beach there is a bar called Love Hate that used to have music, and I've played at a place called Karu & Y or something to that effect. There's also Jazzid what used to have a range of local musicians playing.
    Other locations to check out in downtown (also not far from the beach) are Electric Pickle, Black Bird Ordinary and The Stage (Actually that might be your best bet but check their schedule)

Bayside (in downtown) should have a cover band on the weekends

If you can get north about half an hour there is a great venue that never fails to book good music called both Kreepy Tiki & Monterey Club

Local groups that are popular and fun to watch are mostly Hispanic music. Suenalo, Spam Allstars and Bachacco. There's really a lot of electronic music around here. Some that I actually enjoy are Afrobeta and Beatmachines.

That's off the top of my head.