1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Michael Kelly Dragonfly Fretless - Ken Smith Compressors?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by kirkdickinson, Jan 16, 2013.

1. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson Supporting Member

I am ready to change out the strings that shipped on my Michael Kelly Dragonfly 5 string fretless. I was thinking about putting tape wounds on it, but was told that I would loose a lot of volume acoustically.

I just happened on a set of brand new Ken Smith Compressors that I use on my Squire 5. Wondering if those might sound good on the Dragonfly?

Any opinions?
  2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    You will lose volume with anything you use other than phosphor bronze strings really. A lot of it though is brightness.
  3. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson Supporting Member

I have this set, I think I am going to try it. Will report back. :)