1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Micing my double bass

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by mile741, Jul 5, 2013.

1. mile741

mile741

I have this problem that I'm like really new to playing double bass, I got my first one about 2 moths ago, it's Strunal 50/4 H 3/4 model. Now, I want to sound it, or mic it, however do you call that, a nd I have spent some time reading posts on this formun and honestly still don't know what should I buy.:help:

So, my question is what should I do/buy? And after reading some posts, I think I would like a mic, because I want my DB to sound trought the amo same as it sounds to me just acoustic(which is impossible, at least it seems that)

2. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Mile 741

My recommendation would be to get a decent pickup and for the present, stop worrying about trying to the ultimate sound out of your instrument. The Realist does a very nice job and it's new incarnation, The Realist Lifeline fits between your adjuster wheel and the bridge, so it's less invasive. Along the same lines the Fishman Full Circle replaces one of your adjusters with a pickup. As long as you have an adjustable bridge, your set. I do use a DPA 4099B microphone but not into my amplifier, it goes FOH. Using a microphone into an amplifier is difficult.

Ric