Micro Pog setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Uncle Moe, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Uncle Moe

Uncle Moe

I play Bass in a blues band with 1 guitar player in it.... I bought a Micro POG because I wanted to use an octave up signal from the EFF OUT and run it into a Guitar amp to resemble a second guitar playing my bass lines when the guitarist plays leads.. ( I would run the DRY OUT to my usual bass rig) Has any one tried this setup out???? I want to fine tune the "Guitar" amp to a fat dirty sound with some modulation in it... and still keep my Bass amp clean

It seems that the dry signal from the bass goes into the guitar amp even when the POG is switched off..

I am running the POG ( DRY=0 SUB=0 UP=10)

Any help would greatly be appreciated..

Moe
  2. jimmybc91

jimmybc91

I am curious how this is going to turn out. Sub'd! :hyper:
    Sorry I can not offer help on this topic. Well, I do own the VOX Timemachine (delay) and it offers a dry and wet output, essentially it was designed to act like a stereo delay. So when it was bypassed it did the same thing as your Micro POG, sent the dry dignal to both amps.
    My suggestion would be to look into a mute switch of sorts to put between the Micro POG and the guitar amp and leave the POG on all the time. Turn the mute switch off to use the POG.
    Something like this?: http://www.loop-master.com/kill-switch-pedal-version-p-298.html

Only "problem" would be that your would be playing with a buffered signal the whole time. Unless you want to tap twice to use the guitar amp.
  3. Swift713

Swift713

Get a mute switch.
  4. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Disclosures:
    playing bass since 2005
    I read about something like this, it's possible :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Darknut

Darknut Supporting Member

I use a Dry blend, the Micropog & a dirt pedal to get the same thing but with just the bass cab .... it works great
    I'm sure you can get a more seperated sound doing like you are though .... I don't want to lug a guitard amp around.

I think you'll have to get a small looper to bypass the micropog. The nosepedals micro looper is $35.00 ... I have one it works great.
  7. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Supporting Member

I run that exact setup and it sounds great. The only difference is that I use two bass amps or my stereo amp(Tecamp Bonafide) and run a clean sound and an effected sound. I never lose any bottom end ever!!! Definitely consider using a fuzz with a phaser with this setup. I sometimes do an octave down(not the MicroPogs octave down, use an analog one) with fuzz, a filter and a phaser. Imho if your running any effects this is the ideal setup.
  8. aledeville

aledeville

I'm using two bass amps too. Great possabilities.

But it also sounds good if just one is distorted and one isn't. I wouldn't want to play with the octave up all the time, because this sounds pretty artificial. Just make sure you dial in some clean of the POG :bassist:.

Here's my setup. The 112 has all the effects (G-System with some dirt in the rack) and the 410 runs always clean (Fender TBP-1). Best tone of my life. Ever.
    [​IMG]
  9. Uncle Moe

Uncle Moe

Thanks to all that posted here.....
    I took your advice but I got a Morley Volume/Distortion pedal....
    I use the Morley in the EFF OUT line from the POG.... (still use the DRY OUT direct to the amp..)
    Now I can "bring in" the "ghost guitar player" as needed I can run him clean or distorted....
    All to the same amp....Thanks Again..... YOU ROCK!!!!!!
  10. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

Where do you bring your EFF OUT signal back in?
  11. Uncle Moe

Uncle Moe

When using two amps I run the dry out into my bass amp (Ampeg SVT and Ampeg B-2) and I run the Eff Out into a guitar amp......

When I use only the bass amp (B-2) I Use a Y adapter 2 females into 1 male... Of course the SVT has 4 inputs....

I have just discovered that I can run DRY OUT from the POG to the input of the amp and then run EFF OUT of the POG to the EFF IN on

the back of the amp ... one of my amps (SWR Working man 10) has a EFF BLEND knob.... then I can control the blend of the 2 signals...