1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Midi and Pro Tools question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by MattStonewall, Jan 8, 2014.

1. MattStonewall

MattStonewall

I'm fairly new to MIDI. I have my Boss DR-880 hooked up to run through Superior Drummer for recording in Pro Tools.

How do I configure the settings so when I hit the record button in Protools and the countdown starts it has my Drum Machine start playing right at the 0 mark?
  2. bkbirge

bkbirge Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    I don't know about Pro Tools but you need to have it sending a midi start to your drum machine, or even MTC (midi time code). Look in the manual for your drum machine under "sync".
  3. MattStonewall

MattStonewall

Ok I actually figured it out rather quick. I had to set my BOSS to "Auto". Thanks dude!