Mighty Mite bass bodies?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by nathanjnavarro, Dec 3, 2012.

1. nathanjnavarro

nathanjnavarro

2. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

I used an Ash Mighty Mite body to build a P bass about 5 years ago. IME everything fit nicely, though I did use a Mighty Mite neck so I can't say how a Fender neck would fit but MM's products are licensed by Fender so everything Fender including a neck should fit.
  3. rumblinbass

rumblinbass

been plannin a parts build with a Mighty Mite neck. I went to Guitar Center to see if they any Mighty Mite bodies or necks to check out the quality but they don't carry them - they are special order. I was quite annoyed about that. I understand their perspective; but on the other hand, if I special order something I want to check it out first.
  4. ThaLowEndTheory

ThaLowEndTheory

Fender guards will work. Quality is good, but there are a few differences. The bodies are a little thinner if I recall correctly, and the edge radius is also a little smaller. Nothing big, but you can tell the difference side by side. Mainly a cosmetic thing, but that matters more to some people. I've used plenty of Mighty-Mite parts in the past with great results. If you want it to look as close as possible to a Fender, then you'd probably be happier with Allparts body, Warmoth, or USACG.
  5. Register to disable this ad