Mighty Mite vs Squier Affinity Necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by russpurdy, Feb 15, 2014.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

So Mighty Mite necks are cheap. Squier Affinity basses are cheap. Is there much of a difference in quality between the two? Would a Mighty Mite be worth it as a replacement on a cheaper bass?
  2. thrasher666

thrasher666

I had a MM replacement neck a few years ago. Rosewood board, 1-1/2" wide nut (J width) I had to dress the edges of the fretboard (sharp edges) and it seemed like I had to adj. the truss rod EVERY time I played it (maybe cause it was BRAND NEW??) I had a similar Dimarzio neck on my Antiqua P bass years ago, never had such problems. I'd go for the Sq Affinity just for giggles & Shiites!!
  3. Rocky McDougall

Rocky McDougall

The MM and the Squire necks are probably made in the same factory.
  4. Miskatonic

Miskatonic

Replacement? If the current neck for some reason is unusable and you cannot afford a new bass, I suppose so. Certainly not as an upgrade though. I feel that they would be about comparable in most regards.

As an alternative though, you could pick up a Fender MiM neck for about $200 new or used with or without hardware depending on what you can find in your area.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Grabow

Grabow

the neck is the most important part of your bass, why not get a good neck if you feel ot needs replacing?