1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  2. Search results may return 0 or few results. We are currently rebuilding the search index, may take a couple hours. Thank you for your patience!

Mighty passive Jazz Bass electronic

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by freu, Dec 11, 2012.

1. freu

freu

don't ever underestimate the power of the passive jazz bass electronic.
    sound tips for beginner.

2. SquierJazz72

SquierJazz72

I really do like the passive Jazz bass. I'd like to add an active bass at some point, but I have found the passive Jazz to be a pretty flexible instrument. You can get some pretty bright, forward sounds or darker, thicker sounds, and a fair amount in between. I've only had a Jazz bass for a little while, but I discovered a lot of those tones myself, just playing around.

3. bmb73

bmb73

I'm probably putting myself on blast, but I have been playing for about two years and am just NOW getting used to my volume/tone settings after watching this video. Those sound tips were great, and I feel like an idiot...

4. freu

freu

after many years playing a jazz bass this vid was a real mind opener for me.

It has changed my whole approach to playing bass.

5. Register to disable this ad