1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Mighty passive Jazz Bass electronic

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by freu, Dec 11, 2012.

1. freu

freu

don't ever underestimate the power of the passive jazz bass electronic.
    sound tips for beginner.
  2. SquierJazz72

SquierJazz72

I really do like the passive Jazz bass. I'd like to add an active bass at some point, but I have found the passive Jazz to be a pretty flexible instrument. You can get some pretty bright, forward sounds or darker, thicker sounds, and a fair amount in between. I've only had a Jazz bass for a little while, but I discovered a lot of those tones myself, just playing around.
  3. bmb73

bmb73

I'm probably putting myself on blast, but I have been playing for about two years and am just NOW getting used to my volume/tone settings after watching this video. Those sound tips were great, and I feel like an idiot...
  4. freu

freu

after many years playing a jazz bass this vid was a real mind opener for me.

It has changed my whole approach to playing bass.